The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

sweden is so large and carries so much influence it would be insane for outside countries not to know anything about whats happening in sweden
    no-go zones????? IN AMERICA?????? SOMEONE PAGE DONALD TRUMP
    cant wait for donald trump to finally bring clean water to flint since hes been talking about it like 24/7 and they've been without clean drinking water for 1032 days

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It's not a "no-go zone" but it's definetly not a safe area. Hence why Donald Trump wants to send in the feds... but then he was called a tyrant for wanting to send in feds to clean up the crime ridden area.

Edit: But I guess that is what a no-go zone is so, yea I guess it is one. We got enough we don't need anymore :)
    I hope he does. It's sad they still don't have clean drinking water.

3. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

He'll get them Gatorade.

/easyjoke

4. Space_Oddity

5. Avatarix

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

If crime rate drops immediately after implementation of a crime detecting measure it failed. Crime rate is supposed to spike and then drop. Just saying.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The perceived rise in autism in children is due to improved autism detection rates, not vaccines.

scnr

flasche likes this.
  8. Ranger

Ranger Member

What. Is anyone against vaccines here?

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i understood it more as an analogy to emphasize paradox statement

10. Space_Oddity

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That's the only good Mike Pence meme I have seen. Unless the internet picks up the pace, this will not be a very good vice presidency.

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I actually love that photo, I found it fucking hilarious when I first saw it. Still makes me laugh everytime I see it.

13. Space_Oddity

Everyone can appreciate wordplay.

14. Deiform

Deiform Member

So what's Malmo all about in Sweden? There seem to be direct correlations between immigration and crime that is replicated across other european cities.

15. flasche

i dont know sweden enough, but usually its a mixture of low income/low wealth millieus (if you are born in a welthy country you have a whole different start there compaired to migrants from not so wealthy parts of the world. i fe. will inherit property, they have to first aquire it), segregation (both self-chosen and systemic), and a (real or percieved) lack of perspective.

ofc this shortened dramatically, if you could subsum social issues in a sentence we wouldnt have them. but in general, those issues are not unique to migrants, they just make the biggest portion of the lower social classes due to a lot of factors. austria fe had a contract with turkey to recruit cheap labor back in the 60s. now there is a perceived problem with 2nd and 3rd generation imigrants from back then. this is due to that noone gave a shit about integrating them (except in business for profit reasons).

this gets worsend by this idea that "everyone is the artisan of his own fortune". while it holds certain truth, the starting conditions differ dramatically. some are born into a life full of options, others have to fight ten times as hard for every inch. but instead of counteracting poltically, there is this (fuelled) idea that "they just dont want to" in the majority population which now gives rise to parties hostile to foreigners (while they are actually hostile towards lower classes in general and usually come from rather wealthy backgrounds - at least the leadership and main demagogues - they get voted by lower and lower middle class, oh the irony, if it wouldnt have a real effect on people itd be funny)

and finally, there is this top down classwar going on currently (wheras currently started in the 80s). all around the "western world" wealth shifts towards the top, because this idea of "if we tax the wealthy less and provide 'investment incentives' it increases the overall standard" is stronk. its also not completely wrong, thus the narrative works, the overall quality of living has risen, but it lacks any relation and creates a social divide counterproducive to social stability.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  16. Space_Oddity

The increase in crime was seen between 2004 and 2011. 2011 being the year that the amount of refugees increased, people saw some low hanging fruit to blame.

Also people keep forgetting that Sweden redefined rape in the legal sense, they broadened the term.

17. Space_Oddity

Also fuck off with the civilized discussion. More shit slinging and maymays please.

18. flasche

[​IMG]

A-z-K likes this.
  19. Space_Oddity

Yay capitalism!

[​IMG]

20. flasche

my version of "das kaptial" has 734 pages and its among the most boring books ive ever read. it often appears to me a lot of people nowerdays are overwhelmed by a wikipedia article with that word count. what do? you might be able to shorten it by a third, but itd still be a book with roughly 500 pages and it wouldnt become any less boring. also all shortening will never get to "the core of the brute"* (its poodle in german funny isnt it?) to quote goethe.
    and its by far not the only book ive read on social issues. how to get people who stopped their general education (or often even any education) when they got out of school to break their "selfimposed immaturity" (in kants words)? and this really isnt a one sided issue, i know a lot of leftist people with barely any background knowledge - they only difference is that they got a heart and recognize injustice.

i do indeed think that 99% of social issues could be reduced to economics. but political economy is frowned upon. there have been studies in austria asking "what 'class' do you belong to". lower wealth households overestimated their status while the upper end underestimates it. it showed a clear distortion towards the center. and this isnt "only in austria", ive just recently, while doing my research on the US to be able to argue here, seen similar studies with the same outcome. people grossly underestimate the inequality present in our societies. in german wealth tranlates to "Vermögen" which is the same word as for "capability" (in the meanin of potential). its a lot easier to turn a wealth of 100k to 200k than 0 to 100k.

*in case its unclear because maybe goethe's faust is widely unknown outside the german speaking region, it means "to get to the root of the issue"

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017