The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

If you re-read my post, I never once claimed that Obama's bill banned anyone. I simply stated it's the same countries Obama's DHS listed.

Also, while everyone is focused on this "ban", something that could EASILY be amended by Trump, Trump is going through with his promise of deportation. I hate to say it, but the Liberals got played again. This executive order could be easily saved from the shit show it has become of the visa and green card restrictions by the signing of a new one to fix the problem, but instead everyone keeps going off on how incompetent Trump is while ICE is deporting tons of illegals.

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Don't gimme that PC BS! I was talking about the other brown people. ;)
    As far as the whole middle east thing goes I'm not going to have a pop at him for that, the whole world has been shitting on the region for 100 years.

Either way, you gotta say, mnuchin is hardly draining the swamp is it.

With any luck all those new jobs will stimulate the housing market enough so that the treasurer can rob the country blind just like he did a decade ago!
    Good times ahead.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    flasche likes this.
  3. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

no one got played because people were being deported back to their old countries on returning back to the us on vacation. there were citizens and they had green cards. its a more than valid reason to get upset and protest about.

the ice thing is a different thing entirely. you can be upset about more than one thing at a time. mass arrests also carry problems in wrongful arrests (and we know how understanding these ice guys are)
    also a person was arrested at the court house getting a restraining order against her abusive boyfriend (he probably called them)

another thing that you can be mad about at the same time:
    1 week ago: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-38927891
    Trump agrees to honour 'One China' policy despite threats
    yesterday: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/china-awards-trump-valuable-trademark-45504953
    China awards Trump valuable new trademark
    that is after a decade of trying in a country that historically doesnt give a damn about american trademarks and will let others use your shit

5. Space_Oddity

upload_2017-2-16_7-32-50.png

Ok the conversation makes a little more sense now.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

You know i keep hearing the argument that he pulled thr list from the obama administration and I keep wonderingm why didnt trump put in the work to actually ban countries on his own list, make his own list? Its almost like he jist wanted a quick way to appease to his voters that dont research anyway, and then continue with putting money in his pocket.

7. Space_Oddity

It was Obama's plan all along to create that list in order to undermine Trump.

8. Paradox

Vicki logic
    Not completely the same: more like media outlet x posts something pro republican its ok
    Media outlet x posts something anti repuvlican fake news
    [​IMG]

9. Deiform

Deiform Member

I don't understand how anyone that claims to keep up to date on politics can support Trump at this moment. He authed a botched raid in Yemen that killed civilians and a serviceman (as well as shoot down their own plane). He has no authority over Russia like he says he does. The intelligence agencies won't brief the White House because they believe the executive branch is linked to the Russians. He removed everything from the White House website about climate change. He appointed someone that hates public schools to be education secretary. He appointed someone to housing secretary that said himself was unfit for a cabinet position. He appointed a security advisor with links to Russia. He appointed an Energy secretary that previously said he would abolish the department. He appointed a climate change denier as head of environment protection. He writes on twitter that his own intelligence agencies are spreading fake news about him to the press.

What. The. Fuck. How can anyone defend a clearly incompetent president (and I didn't even mention the travel ban). And the defence is, "Better than Hilary." Are you living in an alternate reality?

flasche likes this.
  10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. Paradox

Where are you getting that information from?
    Clearly conspiracy theory.
    Also can you stop commenting on US politics, you dont even live here I mean how can you know any of that. You clearly are misinformed.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Can you post on these forums more often? This place needs more people like you.

13. Space_Oddity

It's called desperate rationalization after backing the wrong Nazi horse.

14. Paradox

deif just summarized what all of us have said plenty of times. Doesnt change the fact that the republicans on these forums are just going to derp at it

15. Deiform

Deiform Member

I think the problem is that you provide too much in consecutive posts. It's easy to pick one point and ignore the rest. If you summarise and leave it at that then they're forced to deal with it as a whole. Mixing in other topics and memes doesn't help too (not aimed at anyone, just stating opinions on how I think the best way to debate is done).

16. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

So you are blaming Trump for something the Military and the Pentagon had plans to do for months? Aight. Let me just pop this in here. While I despise VOX, it does point out quite clearly that Trump went to the military officials about this raid... something they had planned for a long while. They even went to Obama about it but Obama didn't sign it because the raid would take place after his term ended.

I don't think I ever said I wanted Russia to be his bitch, I just said I'd like them on friendlier terms so we don't nuke each other or go to war or something along those lines. I don't get why the Russians are ALWAYS the bad guys in everything. Yea they annexed Crimea and the sanctions should stick but I don't think we should be hating each other.

Uh huh. Okay? I don't think there is much evidence of the whole "Russia" thing. Now, before you say "BUH FLYNN!" I'm going to point out that Flynn wasn't forced to resign BECAUSE of him talking to a Russian diplomat, it was because he LIED about how LONG he talked to the Russian diplomat. This same thing would have happened if he had lied about talking to any other diplomat because it proves he can't be trustful.

Also, this is the same intelligence community that fucks up foreign countries and has said Trump will "Die in Jail". Yea, totally a great community amirite?

Okay? Yea that sucks, I think there are more pressing issues to address since the private sector is about to fully embrace renewables. They are just becoming viable for use and I think we will use that here soon because... it is so viable.

Yea I kind of agree, Devos was a mistake. I do dislike her.

He said himself he wasn't going to take the job, what did he do? He took it. Wow. Carson is probably one of the most level-headed people on the Republican side with his calm and cool demeanor. I kind of wish he had won to be honest.

Again, these were all sensationalist headlines that skirted around the issue to do the link of "OMG RUSSIA" and get people all hyped up and try to continue that "TRUMP HAS LINKS!"

Okay? I don't know enough about this specific one to comment

I think a skeptic is best, but why is this a surprise to you? You are arguing on so many "personal" opinions because you don't like them and then saying "OMG HOW COULD YOU LIKE HIM?". Republicans generally don't believe in Climate change as much, yea most of them acknowledge it's a slight problem but most republicans aren't treating it as a real issue. So again, this "issue" to you is a non-issue to Republicans.

No, he writes that the "LEAKERS, SAD!" are spreading false information. To top it off, he is essentially at war with the intelligence community... the same community that has faked documents in the past, started wars in foreign countries, and destabilized entire regions.

Again, most of this is bad to YOU because most of this is personal opinion.

Edit: And this is why it is almost impossible for us to argue. You think something is bad, I think it's either neutral or good. Your differing liberal opinion is not a reason for me to hate Trump. That's the problem with this forum. A lot of this stuff that you hate and all agree that you hate is a reason to argue me because I'm a republican and like it... that's why this thread is such a shit fest because MOST of the arguments made here are dependent upon someone liking it or not and then shaming the other side because they disagree. That is no way for an argument, you aren't going to change fundamental beliefs, at least not easily and on an internet forum.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  17. Deiform

Deiform Member

Fair enough.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

since when is science an opinion? among climatologists there is virtually no disagreement on the existance of anthropogenic climate change. and saying that its not a big issue just shows that you are terribly bad informed.

19. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

You're misunderstanding what I am trying to say.

Republicans, for the most part accept or slightly accept the science as true, they just don't think it's as big of a problem as everyone says because for so long people have been preaching "we will be dead by 2020" "by 2013, the ice caps will have melted" etc etc. I'm kind of in this boat, I accept the science but I don't think it's as bad as they say and I think practical solutions will arise that can fix the problem.

Do I think we should move towards renewable? Yea, but not forcing it down everyone's throats.

Do I think we should continue to subsidize it or even throw money at it for research? No, it's now economically viable compares to other options so I think it can stand on its own, and considering the government is always terrible when it comes to throwing money at something, I don't think that it's a good idea when a bunch of private companies are furthering the research.

20. Deiform

Deiform Member

I think it's more that when you have the option to go renewable or not, it's best to subsidise renewable. Solar is one of the biggest growers in 2016 in the US and you have a president that wants to go back to coal and oil. This seems ridiculous when wind and solar are already providing more and more jobs than the old resources. The only reason why renewables are seen as bad is because you have a load of oil and coal lobbyists trying to stop their companies from busting.

Plus you have a lot of government funding trying to enhance renewable technology. If you think that practical solutions can arise to fix the problems the world has (due to energy production on fossil fuels), then the answer is to not try and add to it by hindering the renewable sector and reduce funding, right?

I don't see how renewable energy is being forced down anyones throat either. Most wind farms are offshore, and solar plants are done in the desert where there's a ton of space. It doesn't pollute the air or water, doesn't have all the problems that fracking does, and doesn't have pipelines going through miles of land. If anything fossil fuels are being shoved down your throats.