The most efficient and optimal way to win the early game in squad vs squad confrontation.

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Since actual high level games arent a thing anymore I would like to brainstorm about the most optimal way/best/most efficient way of winning a game of empires in the early game.

1.Microstrategy squad vs squad:

I would start by having a scout as squadlead for the speed bonus u get. This enables your squad to get to the first waypoint asap. The discussion here is if you would have the rest of your squad with speedupgrade or rep engi? Would it be more efficient to have rep engies forr faster building or speedupgrade to get there faster? In a pub setting I would definitly go speed engi because I just know my squad will get there so much faster than random pubbers. But in a scrim setting Id actually go 4 rep engies. This to anticipate them being equally as fast or even faster. When you drop a rax in pubs it wont get sieged instantly so slower building could be justified whilst in a scrim setting I would order my comm to drop the rax the last 2 seconds so my rep engies could get it up faster than the other team could react to it.

Thoughts on this?

2. Initial confrontation

In the initial confrontation ( after the rax is up ) I would recommend 2 rev engies, 3 rifleman/or 2 with a gren. Especially in pub setting. 1 rev engi, squadlead, in the back with a supporting rifleman or gren ( this to prevent your entire squad getting overrun and killed by a succesful flank. Having your squadleader not in the main combat group has a lot of pros. Oversight: you wont get flanked. And incase you do get flanked you can squadrev. ) , and 1 rev engi with 2 rifles pushing the front. In case resistance is futile great you take your position. In case there is resistance in the form of getting killed or trenchwarfare like in pugs or scrims I would say switch your shit up to 2 rev engies 3 grens/2grens
    1 rifle in the same setup. This because destroying the walls with aoe to fuck up enemy cover is really good and to keep enemy engineers busy and having to put themself in danger by building more walls. Also grens have an easyer time shooting over your own walls than rifleman, rifleman have to be a bit out of cover to effectively hit. In a scrim setting theres no way youll get loads of kills by sitting bebhind cover stood up shooting your rifle unless the other team sucks ballz.

Anyone else have their own idea? Better strategies?

3. Advancing
    A big rookie mistake I always see with new commanders in pugs or squadleaders is not fortifying a position when you take it. This happend a lot in previous pugs or big pub games. People take ground take more ground and all of a sudden get wiped. All the ground gained is gone in an instant cause noone dropped turrets or dropped another rax. What I would find optimal is: after you destroy the enemy rax, you build another rax at that position and tell 3 people to change to rep engi and get turrets up whilst the 2 others go ahead and stall. Fortify your position and then push up. Another tactic, which i have never tried but would be interesting is to fortify and wait on the counter attack. after you hopefully wipe out the counterattack cause you have fortified your position with walls and turrets, then you push up to gain more ground. This way you ensure you dont lose in the counteroffensive. The pros of the latter tactic would be fighting the counteroffensive with advantage, cameras turrets already placed walls. Cons would be that your push would be slower.

Thoughts?

This requires a lot of organisation and people who actually understand empires. Im not here to discuss how you can kill everyone as a single rifleman or how this wouldnt work against a squad with 5 youzies.

2. Avatarix

1. Go NF
    2. All rifleman with heavy rifle
    3. Kill these engineers
    GG ;)