The interesting trivia/facts about yourself thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Jun 4, 2012.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

What do you mean FN, remember playing smash bros or mario kart as a kid and you were with three other friends, that was the shit, the shit.

Even though I like to deviate from such games, Halo 3/ Reach executed it well where you can play 4 player splitscreen and online at the same time. Best of both worlds, where you've got friends on da couch and random douchebags on the internet.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. FN198

FN198 Member

I don't do anything without some kind of a reason and I just cannot justify spending time on a console playing with or against someone who I would much rather spend time with doing other things. I think there are many things which are more enjoyable and feel better doing than playing on a console. For instance, going to a club that plays industrial music, going to a rock concert in a crowded bar, scheming about how to break free from the monotony of ordinary life, or sharing stories about your latest crush. Why supplement silences with competition in a video game when they are much better enjoyed with a sip of hot coffee, hopped up beer or the noise and energy of an exciting event?

Games like Empires or TSRP (as I have been apt to play) are far superior to their console counterparts. They are superior to consoles just as consoles are superior to the overdone franchises that still manage to be granted the title of 'game'. What you can do and enjoy with people in the same room is different from what you can do and enjoy from people who are strangers. I prefer to spend time with strangers.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I enjoyed super smash brothers with my friends (I didn't have a GC/Wii) when I was younger, but that's because we didn't have much else to do. I haven't fired up my PS3 for like 3 years, but there are games on it I want to play, it's just much less practical for doing so. I like to be able to pause and browse the web and shit and chat to people whilst playing, whereas a console requires my full attention. I can pause and go into another room but it's not as easy as just alt tabbing.

4. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Seriously, get back to me when you've gotten wankered with a bunch of friends and played every multiplayer game there is on the Wii. It'll change your life.
    The only people I can be bothered to spend time with are the kind of people I've befriended due to long exposure. Strangers are assholes by default and should shut up, get out of my sight and let me listen to the god damn music.

5. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I like Space Oddity more with every post he does in this thread.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

well its nothing a pc couldnt do. and lets be honest, if you buy games you only have to either install or download them (you can install games on consoles too nowerdays) there is little to no difference apart from that its pretty closed plattforms. my brother gave me his old xbox with 4 wifi controllers, my pc is connected to my tv, only thing that i lack is a game which supports 4 xbox controllers (but we played flatout in splitscreen already)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  7. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

So do I <3

I miss my ex ex gf, for the simple reason that our weekends happened to be awesome.

Fastfood + Lego StarWars/Oblivion/other funky stuff to play next to each other + sex + more gaming + not giving a shit about other people.

fuck, do I miss that.

8. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

How could you break up with someone like that? :headshot:

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I meant more like when you were younger. All I'm saying is, you can't replicate that feeling that comes from chilling with your friends by chilling with strangers on the internet.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

I don't see why anyone would want to do any of those things FN described. Was he being sarcastic? Who would want to go to a club or go to a crowded bar instead of spending time with friends? I don't understand at all.

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

you can combine those?

Go to a bar with friends to meet new people??

btw festivals basicly

13. FN198

FN198 Member

It should not be a surprise that not everyone shares your idea of fun.

14. FN198

FN198 Member

My previous post clearly doesn't capture the essence of what I'm trying to communicate as Space Oddity and Deiform are having trouble understanding it.

A brief rephrasing of it would read along the lines of this: why sit in front of a box with lights and sounds (console + tv) with your friends when you can actually take advantage of actually being with them and enjoy and make art and food, go for walks or play sports and browse shops

When you are with friends don't waste their time by having them play some boring one dimensional video game.

15. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Now i get it, you advocate playing three dimensional shooters with your friends instead of boring one dimensional video games like Pong!

16. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Because when I cook or make art I don't want people there to ruin it.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wat? When did he say he wasn't spending time with friends, we are talking about reserving certain things for friends and others for strangers, not friends vs no friends.

18. FN198

FN198 Member

YESS finally someone understands

19. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I wept.

Also, Pong is 2D.

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Yes, i realized there is no such thing as a one dimensional video game.