The interesting trivia/facts about yourself thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Jun 4, 2012.

1. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

2. Space_Oddity

This thread needs more me.

I completely lack empathy and am a textbook misanthrope.

I have a violent temper which I manage (just) to steer towards inanimate objects.

I genuinely think that console gaming has a greater potential for fun than PC gaming, I just think that the people in charge (Sony/Microsoft/Ninteno) are completely retarded.

I have a love/hate relationship with myself.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

and how is a pc different from a console?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

In that PC > console.

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

So you're borderline sociopathic? I honestly doubt you completely lack empathy.

6. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I dislike the taste of beer.

On the internet, I sometimes say the complete opposite of what I actually think, just to see how people react.

My ethnic isn't pure german. Freak out you guys who thought so.

7. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

^This. (Affection to money is an emotion, too, btw)
    I do however refuse the first time money is offered for help, but the second time, when they insist I take it, all of course, and they always insist ... I might be greedy but no need to let them know ...

Just taking the money the first time it gets offered for your help moves you more into the position of being an employee who has to jump whenever needed, you willingly accept the money thus you need/want the job and not solely for the helping part of it. This is what you want to do when you're a hobo.

The worst thing you can do however is just to take part of it.
    Only taking part will show them that you really had expected a certain amount as compensation for your work and thus didn't do it because you wanted. This is what you want to do for being hated.

Taking all after a bit of courtesy yadayada is more like an act of accepting a gift and they will love you for the help. This is what you want to do when you're sane and love money.

For the refusing part. That's just when you really didn't want to do it, but went through all the trouble for that person, yet don't want to repeat it. They will still love you, but might not ask ever again for help.

It's really not that hard ...

Yes, here's a trivia about me, I like sharing my trivial wisdom, like to argue for the sake of helping (or just to argue), but I actually don't like repeating myself in RL and only point errors out once, so I can watch innocently as the world catches fire and burn, and of course, I'm greedy ...

8. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Why the fuck do you get money?
    I always get weird shit.

Yesterday I fixed a private laptop of a female colleague at work, today I got a sandwich in reward. It tasted shitty.

I always get shitty presents instead of money. Should I consider to stop helping the poor and fix richer peoples stuff instead? Or should I work slower, making my work seem harder?

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

[​IMG]

10. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I helped my grandmother getting a pc, setting up internet and teaching her how to use it, as a reward she made me pörkölt+dessert and invited me to have a few drinks with her when the pálinka they are making(brewing?) is finished. I like her.:|ove:

uh trivia about myself... I like pörkölt and pálinka.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

You can't have a complete lack of empathy AND some form of strong emotion. That's like jumbo shrimp.

12. FN198

FN198 Member

Slade is the only 'terrible' person of the two you mentioned.

Thanks for the financial/life advice Trickster. It's good albeit comes from a trust fund boy.

Interesting trivia about me? I am a very good cook.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't think it's so much trust fund as just didn't really struggle for money. In the US, trust fund brings up connotations of getting some brand new car the moment they're old enough and shit like that, most of the money I got came on my Birthday and Christmas when I was younger, I was just really good at making it last. It does kind of help that my Birthday is 6 months from Christmas, and I have a fairly large family, so I'd usually get maybe £200 out of each, so £400 a year, which works out at less than £8 a week, and I didn't get any pocket money/allowance. It's not a great deal now, but when you're much younger, it's a huge sum of money. Likewise, when I had the step up in cash, it was just an incredible amount to me to get that much per month, even though I make that much in a day now. In the same vein, my brother gets similar amounts of money, and just cannot manage his finances, and he's constantly running out of money. He's now having to get a job just because he can't manage his finances, when realistically at that age, you can get by without a job.

14. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Is this the thread where I suck my ego's dick?

15. Space_Oddity

A console is designed soley for gaming.
    Empathy is feeling and possibly sharing the emotions of others.I dun goofed. I mean compassion, not empathy.
    Assplain, I have to hear this, sounds juicy.
    Hells yes.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

do you really consider that an advantage? but in theory you could do anything with modern day consoles probably even run a webserver or a dbms ...

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

xbox and wii can do anything.

18. FN198

FN198 Member

It's nothing significant in particular. He is just devoid of all of the intelligence, class, and compassion that the people he leeches off of possess.

19. Space_Oddity

I like the simplicity and compatability of consoles. Stick disc in console, stick alcohol in belly, go.

With consoles, all games are designed to work on the same system as opposed to my rather expensive gaming PC becoming more and more obsolete each day.

Also, remember that offline multiplayer is always better than online. (Unless you're playing with a group of assholes. Or you share a house with a group of assholes who refuse to play Worms Armogeddon with you for the sole reason that they will never win.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  20. FN198

FN198 Member

I dislike everything you just wrote.