The Great Thread of Videogame-Related Rage and Whine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sitka, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Sitka

Sitka Member

No i don't hate you justgofly. This thread isn't about hating on you.
    Thread name chosen in jest
    pls dont hate
    <3

Also, before i start, I'm gonna check interests on possible lets-all-play <insert game here> events. Please state any games you'd like to play with the community somewhere in your post, if you'd like.

No... This thread is about video games, game developers and the stupid shit they have done and still do. Things which piss you off to extremes.

Things which will make you wish they would just go fuck themselves.

Example: After taking over the Metro series, the new devs put ranger difficulty (how the game was meant to be played and the difficulty that it was modeled around) on as a paid DLC. Not only that, they lied and said the decision was made before the took over.

On today's list: Gaijin

I love war thunder. The game has great potential. But sometimes i wish it was anyone but these cunts developing it.

They get DDoS'd time and time again, and each time they promise to protect their servers better. Doesn't happen.
    They have these special events with nice rewards, but only slavs can participate because they last a few hours and begin in their time zones.

To fix this, they promised a special double-event which would run twice (so "everyone could participate). Once in their time zone, and once more also at a decent time for their zone.

Problem is that you don't just get the rewards for one event. No, apparently you can do it twice. This means slavs get doubles and fuck all else.

They brag about their ultra-advanced damage models and simulations, yet your engine goes up in flames when someone shoots you in the tail. I know its beta, but if it's beta, don't brag about broken things.

They mute you if you speak poorly of them or point out these problems.

They hold important and hyped events which turns out you can only participate in if you are high-rank.
    Many of these events also last two hours and contain goals such as "destroy a ridiculous amount of ground units/aircraft" - so if you're not there as it starts to grind your ass off, you might as well not try at all.

They add historical battle events that rotate constantly (because normal historical battles were not historical at all), only to give one team an extreme number advantage or allow very low-tier planes amongst high-tier ones so one team will be full of paper-plane bombers (which makes that team lose every time).

I love the game, and i think its great fun, but these things put together are just beyond enraging.

So, what would you like to add to the list? Feel free to say what you agree or disagree with about this and other posts.

Also justgo if you want another thread title just say so.
    And also-also: It's not restricted to current-day games and devs. If you really wanna go over ping-pong or quake 1, feel free.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Empty

Empty Member

i like to play osu when are we playing osu

EDIT: also this thread title isn't okay, give me a new one and i'll change it.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

let's play osu

osu.

4. Empty

Empty Member

1v1 me rite now bro im on steam wat r u gona do about it

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

finish my chem lab lul

6. Sitka

Sitka Member

Was just in jest anyway, as similar puns have been made in the past. But still, i see, inappropriate for a thread.
    Perhaps JustGo would like to choose a new one. Although it is hard to find decent and fitting-to-the-thread puns with my name i welcome any attempts

Until then: "The Great Thread of Videogame-Related Rage and Whine"

I was planning to do a thread on this, but i was going to wait until i had gotten around to buying some acceptable headphones. These ones are pure shit. No volume control, shit sound, makes really high-pitched background noises when left idle for too long, padding completely broken in the stitches all the way around on the inside on both earpieces so i have to stuff it back in there as i put them on every time.
    Suggestions on new headphones welcome by the way.

But expect an Osu! lets-play-together thread very soon nonetheless.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Would like to start a new world on terraria with new characters. Just found out that they updated it so would be fun to start fresh. Also curious about what it would be like to play Natural Selection 2 with people from here.

About the actual topic.....don't know really. I'm not mad with anyone, just sad about things like no more stalker 2 :(

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

We really need Tldrs for these horribly written, shit lay outed walls of texts.

9. Sitka

Sitka Member

Just for you, Paradox:
    tl;dr we bitch about video games and video game developers and the shit they do that piss us off.

tl;dr-tl;dr: moan about video games and their devs

tl;dr-tl;dr-tl;dr: mad bout games

A few extra tl;dr's to make it simpler and to make up for the fact that i didn't edit the original post with a tl;dr. Now you don't even have to scroll up.

No need to thank me.

Sincerely, Teal Deer Services.

10. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Too long didn't read.

11. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

I blame the public education system

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'd throw together an OSU game but I'm swamped with uni :(

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Don't even live in the states faggot.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Kerbal space program and squad

slowest developers ... ever

15. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

You live somewhere without a public education system?

16. BigTeef

That explains why he's retarded.

They haven't beaten our record yet, and they haven't reached valve time yet.
    I am willing to estimate a full release sometime during the summer.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  17. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

My whine for the day: MGS 5 is gonna suck balls and you all know it. All you MGS players here prepare to get your virgin butt holes raped. Watch the 12 minutes game play trailer (too lazy to find the link, search for it yourselves). But yeah, gaurds seem to be more blind than ever. Health regen. Tag enemies and see them through walls forever. Too many douchebags cried about too many cut scenes in 4 so no Kojima is like "lul we will barely have any in this gayme" when all he needed to do is just condense the dialogue and remove some pointless scenes. I could be wrong about all this and I hope I am, but 5 is not exactly a lucky number for sequels these days (look at gta hue).

18. BigTeef

Do you have fun?

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

wot there's no public education system in belgium? you guys conservative christians or sum?

20. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Fuck Recon.

Fuck snipers.

Fuck Call of Duty players infesting my beloved Battlefield.

Fuck you.