The Final Death of Empires

Discussion in 'General' started by DocRabbit, Jan 10, 2015.

1. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Congrads, many have tried before you, but the latest changes have accomplished something many before you have attempted and failed. The Final Death of Empires.

Its Friday night, and there are 0 players playing. So now it appears even the weekends are without people wanting to play the game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Frankly, last 2 weeks i ended up actually getting angry while playing rather than having fun

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

There are better things to do, and they aren't other video games, on Friday. Or any day.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

its not like theres players at 9pm est anyways.
    sat is more the playday

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Oh, another of these threads.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's actually been like this before. For extended periods. The symptoms do not fit the diagnosis at this point.

Also this is why I said if Sparty thinks he has a final vision that he wants to do in stages, well, it's not likely to make so much difference to do it all at once. Of course I don't have faith that his vision is more than 60% right, but...

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

For the sake of this mod I just hope Spartacus comes to senses, reverts to Tricksterpires as a solid base and adds a few of his ideas that got positive feedback here and there.

9. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

If there's one thing that I need when I get up in the morning, it's positive feedback. I just can't live without it.

10. Z100000M

Usually hope dies last, but common sense locked it away in a locker and threw the key away some time ago now.

11. Noname

Noname Member

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

last 6mo just have a higher resolution. although its probably a small decline overall. but it shows that empires is reduced to about what id say is its core player base - and its like that for quite some time now. plus maybe 5-10% random newbies or people that come back after long breaks - but those usually dont stay for long.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I would say more new players are joining in, because of all the updates happening every week/other week. I see less vets and more new players, that was what it looks like to me anyway. Paradox was right in a way in the new update thread, new players don't have expectations of what empires should play like, they just see what they get and think that's how empires is.

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

odd, whenever i see people play i recognize half of them. and thats me who doesnt play.

but maybe its a timezone thing since most of the time i dont see anyone playing at all :\

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

There seemed to be quite a few new people there yesterday. A surprising amount, actually, considering.

17. nick

nick Member

NEEDS TO ADVERTISE MORE!

CHANGES ARE VERY GOOD..

SHOULD PLAN A "TOURNAMENT PLAYOFF WITH RANDOM PRIZES GIVEN *SUNDAY*""

New players would like such an idea.

18. Z100000M

Yea i want to see all those pro plays by people who dont know how to spawn to get all that non existent empires 'swag'.

19. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

You recognize the people you have played with in the past, the core players.

If you think about if, lets say you played 3 times in the last 6 months. You would recognize the core players every time in the 6 months. Lets say 20 ouf of 30 players. But you probably wont remember any new player over the new times. Thus 30 new players got introduced. It's always been like this in empires, new players never get counted so we have no idea what the influx is of new players in empires. We only know that there are more steady vet players than there are new players cause of how small the player base is.

If you compare this to any other game, you join a server, no goddamn way you know who any of the players are unless you play the game an awful lot or its your favorite server and you play on that server constantly.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think VIPER stats can be useful here.
    It shows the player that joined the server in the last 28 days, which I think is a decent indication of the game's activity.

Last time I checked, we had 11 pages of active players, now we have 13 pages.
    So we are actually bumping up a little.

We should really worry if it goes under 10 pages.