The Epic Empire's Race Video

Discussion in 'General' started by katana9000, Feb 23, 2007.

?

How should the audio be done?

1. With music and subtitles giving information.

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. With full Narration and without music.

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. With music and brief narrations.

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  4. Two seperate versions including both option 1 & 2.

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Well I have finnaly almost finished the video. I had to fraps over four hours of demos. That took me down to about one and a half hours of semi-useable footage. I cliped, shaved, and split the footage down to a mere 18min. Now all thats missing is the audio. My plan was to simply add music and a few text clips to explain whats going on. However I havn't found the right music for it yet. So I'm here to ask how the community would like to see it. So vote for the way you want it. Voting ends same time tommorow.

PS: If you vote for adding music then please link me to a place where I can at least here a demo clip of what you want to hear. (I don't want to go searching for music for five hours.) I want to make this the best video yet.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Use the Benny Hill intro music for a funny part.

3. Simon

Simon Banned

Make sure to credit the sweet repair bay stuff I made that probably crashed the server ;). Haha, we had some sick tracks going. Was fun.

4. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Suppose I should have elaborated the narration a bit more. People probally don't know whether I mean vocally or text wise. I already did it via text. Guess I can easily redo it vocally.

AND REMEMBER! IF YOU WANT MUSIC. GIVE ME A LINK TO IT. (A demo or vid with it at least.) I don't have 5-8 hours to search for them all.

5. Seraph

Seraph Member

I'm not going to vote until I know how the video is cut. Different audio for different videos.

Is there a download link?

6. Damian

Damian Member

What type of video is this? Just a race? Or a race with a cinematic feeling?

Overall you have to include the synced sound with each scene otherwise it wont feel as good without it. I'd say include the sounds from the demos and keep music to a minimum.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

8. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Seraph= I'm in the process of finishing it. What I'm looking for is how people would like the audio done for a rather funny race video.

Damian= I know its hard to choose without seeing the video. The style is pretty plain and is pretty much just the race. However some very funny and downright retarded scenes also occur. So I'm looking for mostly humorous tunes. But could also go with a "slightly" more serious tune. As for the sound from the actual game... That wont work because of both the audio degredation and also its fluctuation in both volume and tone due to it being recorded in spec. mode.

Beerdude= I'm checking the first two out now. The third with the video is just plain disturbing :P

Update: Ok from the looks of it virtually everyone wants music. So I've decided to take into account all the music choices that will be recommended that sound good with the vid. I'll take a short clip of the video and make several versions each with a different bit of music and compare them with some friends. Hopfully I'll find just the right one. And Beerdude the first clip sounds very NESish (Which isn't bad) to me while the second seems a bit too slow for the races pace. (That is bad) I'm hoping to hear of some more music preferences.

9. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

This song from when the song starts to 32 seconds might make a good intro or a starting line theme.

You can also click on some of the smilies in my sig for song idea, or rough estimation of what you want.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

not Pendulum, slam!

OBVIOUSLY you want "fasten your seatbelt" by that band. the intro isn't as good, but the beat when it get's going sure as hell is.

11. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Although that pendulum slam tune is damn catchy... It doesn't fit the theme. If nothing better comes along soon I'll be using beerdude's Turbo Outrun music.

Hums to the sound of the dancing fat man.

12. Damian

Damian Member

I say start off the movie showing the racers at the starting line, then as the voice over get a clip of Vin Diesel saying "I live my life a quarter mile at a time." And boom the race is on!

13. katana9000

katana9000 Member

:D Intersting approach. Although I may include the van diesel clip in there.

14. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Well, you could always use Metallica's Fuel. I actually wanted to make a little video showing of the empires vehicles back in the bf42 version and this was one of my picks.

15. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

top gear intro :)

16. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Well I wish you would link me to some samples of the music. (Except Mario Cart. I already have them.) I'll check them out when I can. I'm going to be real busy the next few days. I should get around to finishing this sometime soon. (Hopfully)

17. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

19. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

20. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member