The easiest scout buff that might make him slightly more useful

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Avatarix, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Avatarix

If you are holding Binoculars, change the radio command on LMB from "gimme artillery which we dont have pls ty" to SPOT THE THING IMMA LOOKING FOR

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It already "spots" the target. IIRC the duration is longer than when doing FWW.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

there also is artillery ...

... sometimes.

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

But please remove the sound. It's annoying.

The scout gets points for spotting things which are killed tho.

flasche likes this.
  5. flasche

while this is about scout already. it didnt get any more useful or useless. what happend to all the talk about making the class more viable all around and not only in specific situations?
    i know in the next patch its not the default class anymore, sure it might be that newbies dont pick it (that much) anymore, but i fear that most will still search for a sniper rifle and prone "hidden" in plain open sight not hitting anything much and basically waste a slot on the team, meaning if you happen to have 3 youre bascially fucked.

i dont think that its much of an enjoyable situation for both other players and the newbie scout.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

As long as they can pick the sniper rifle, they will. There is no going around that problem.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Our sniper is shit.

You can't see shit with that half assed zoom-in.

We can just add another zoom level for actually long distance and it's good to go, you'll probably beg me to nerf sniper.

8. flasche

k ...

... and for a solution?

9. Avatarix

just remove that damn sound please
    and a notification
    we know it's a building and you need some artillery
    but shut up scunt
    JUST

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

11. flasche

but i thought that then will be so overpowerd that we beg you for a nerf. that is your solution?

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

13. Avatarix

just give scout calculator already
    it'll be fun

14. flasche

i think you misinterpret our issue with scout snipers. its not like its impossible to kill others, its that the role those players fulfill is a rather useless role in terms of empires gameplay. empires is all about attack, not holding or denying positions on defense. but thats what most scout snipers do, they just rest on their bellies waiting for prey. what use is a scout who watches a rax, when you could aswell take it out as engi or gren? and be it just about ranking kills/grinding down tickets, in empires riflemen can do the job 10 times better.

so sneaking behind enemy lines to build rax will be strategy #1? aside of that i dont think that this will help gameplay a lot, it wont solve scout snipers being generally useless.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think you misinterpret "attack" as well. You are limiting the options here.

It's not impossible to kill others with sniper, but it's much harder than it should've been.

If our sniper rifle is equipped with a decent scope, I personally wouldn't consider it as an ineffective way to help your team, when they are sieging.

Not sure if you noticed, it's a negative feedback loop.
    Sniper is hard to use => People (especially newb) are seemingly useless with it => people think sniping isn't a viable tactic

16. flasche

because we didnt go through both, more useful and more useless snipers in the past? this whole sniper topic is hot since almost 10 years now.

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yes.
    It's like chain gun, balancing with script is not the right way to go.

Something more fundamental needs to be done first.

18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Personally never really found higher zoom weapons useful, even in something like bf3/4 I liked to just use the 4X acog or good old iron sights. Zooming in so much made it harder for me to hit things not way out in the boonies, plus it was easier for someone to just run up to you from the front.

Everyone else seems to enjoy super high zoom weapons, but I really don't understand how you think that's gonna help scout be more useful. I'll concede if it helps new players suck a little less with sniper so that even if they are sitting around being generally useless they can get a few more hits and possible kills in, but I don't think they are actually having any sort of permanent effect on the fight. Even people who can really snipe like reznov or youzy sitting on duststorm mid tend to be more annoying then anything.

19. Lightning

Lightning Member

a NFAR /HR or BEAR are better than a sniper rifle in every situation. Most combat ranges in empires are well within the range of these rifles, and a slower firing, higher magnification weapon just isn't needed, if i want to snipe i take a NFHR or a BEAR, because they're easier to use, have more ammo, and with the damage upgrade are insanely powerful. Oh and you can use them in close quarters, which you cannot do with a Scuntrifle.

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Sure you can, scout rifle makes a great pistol. Super accurate even if moving(I think, it's been awhile), and does like 70 damage to the body, works wonderfully if you take that half second to aim, just like the mortar.

flasche likes this.