test scripts

Discussion in 'Archive' started by craig.gates, Sep 2, 2012.

1. craig.gates

craig.gates Member

Trickster, I talked to vicki tonight about the test scripts. If you still want regular testing then I have conviced her to put them back on for the sake of the dev team and trying to get things right.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If we're going to do this again, then I don't want the same situation as last time, where people had problems and not a single one of those problems reached me. Instead, they bitched and moaned, no-one told me, and then they got removed. Putting the scripts on is pointless unless I get that feedback, it's an absolute necessity that I hear about how things are. And I can't deal with "TANKS DIE TOO QUICK" or anything like that, because that's how things are now. I need what is there, balanced, not a total overhaul.

But if you can get me that kind of feedback, it would honestly be a gamechanger for the next release, because it means I can actually work on making weaponry more interesting, which I can't do right now because I have no idea if everything else is balanced. I'll package up a server version of the scripts when I get chance tonight.

Thank you.

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I did not need convincing to put the scripts back, as soon as I read your post how upset you were in another thread I responded, and in the future please let me know if your bothered by something that was done on viper instead of me finding out weeks later in some forum post.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You said that some players didn't like it, which was why you went back to the stock scripts in the first place. I told you RC4 wouldn't be any different except with some more balance, so you said you'd stick with stock. It's not really for me to use my position to force servers to add things to them. If they want to do it, that's fantastic, but it's not right for me to force it or push it, I can only ask. I did, they stayed on for a few months, in which I got a lot of development done, then they were removed. I can't really demand they're put back on. But I'm happy you're going to put them back on, because without that, there's not a great deal I can do with regards to developing them.

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Yes I remember our conversation, but I had no idea it upset you, it isn't right to hold bck when we talked but then post how upset you were about it.
    Letting me know iit would be preferable for me to keep them on even though some didn't like it would not be forcing me but just informing me how you felt about it.

In either case, we straightened this out and when I see you online send me the link to the scripts. I will reinforce on VIPER that bashing the scripts, you, epic or the dev team is out of line and if they have constructive critisism to pm you or post on viper forum or empires forum.

6. craig.gates

craig.gates Member

hows about we put on the motd something about reporting any issues with the scripts on here or on the viper website. Lets get this mod and the community working together again. All this he said she said bollox with servers, admins players etc is pissing me off, and I am starting to question why do I even bother putting up a US server with Vicki, and I know vicki has felt the same. So lets get the scripts back on maybe organise a few pugs or whatever and make the next release as good as can be.

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Agree Craig, I was going to put a link on the motd and as a webshortcut in adverts in game