Temporary Com Vee lock

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Alceister, May 12, 2009.

1. Alceister

Alceister Member

Here's my idea. Sometimes the commander wants to help the team by fixing and building right? But sometimes some wag decides its a good idea to steal the vehicle and use it as transport into the enemy base.

And by the time you manage to get everyone to kick the hijacker, it's too late.

So here's my proposal: After exiting, the commander vehicle is locked to everyone except the comm, for up to 10-15 seconds. After that, it unlocks for everyone.

The advantage is that if you are an interactive comm who helps build, you won't have to run the risk of getting the vehicle noobjacked. Also, if you choose to abdicate voluntarily, it won't stay locked.

Of course, there is a disadvantage: namely, if the vehicle has been left in a danger zone, you will want someone, anyone, to get it out of there as soon as they can. Also a few seconds can mean the difference between a team winning or losing.

--------

However this can be resolved simply by disabling the lock on the com driver's death.

Wehll?

2. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

This seems good to me.

3. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Great solution to an intractable Empire's problem. No more newb CV boom tank shenanigans.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Sticker of approval!

5. Cloud

Cloud Member

shouldnt comm kick then be reworked to slay the current commander, rather than booting him out of the cv so that another can take over asap?

6. communism

communism poof

iono
    Seems like too much work to fix a rare problem

7. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

It's tons easier to simply give the guy that got out of the cv, after spending 1 minute in it or having been voted in, a veto vote power with f-s-space for the duration of 1 minute.

situation 1:
    voted comm (or comm for over 1 minute) gets out to build -> any nubber mcgriefalot that gets in for 1 minute can be kicked out by the voted comm(or comm for over 1 minute) with f-s-space.

situation 2:
    voted comm (or comm for over 1 minute) wants to give cv to someone else or wants cv to be saved -> no problem.

Do I really have to explain it? It's pretty simple.

8. jragbir

jragbir Member

I suggested something similar a couple months ago, however my suggestion eliminates the time strain when a comm become stranded or the comm is killed in a desolate area (no rax nearby)

9. Alceister

Alceister Member

The problem is that your suggestion does have a "time strain". That is, the reaction speed of the commander. It could take less time than my idea, but it could just as easily take even more time.

Your system can also be terribly griefing in the wrong hands as well.

Mine is purely based on time and circumstance. For fixing up buildings a comm doesn't really need to be out of the vehicle for more than 10-15 seconds. If he dies while out of the vehicle, free possession.

Simple, and completely automated for efficiency. No human element involved.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i would go for the "anyone who was commander before the commander got stolen gets veto on f s space (they don't need others to agree)

basically, make the cv remember the last commander that was in it before the new one, if he gets f s spaced, he gets removed from the memory (so if a second stealer shows up he can also be f s spaced out of the commander vehicle

also make it ignore "same commanders" so that you cant hop in, hop out and hop in back to be the one who gets the veto AND be the driver

11. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I had three different newbs jack my CV on coast last night. Thankfully, Andronicus had the smart idea to wall the CV in before the newb could take it to the front line.

12. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

If we're going to do this: How about making it so the CV is freed up if the old comm dies?

Chances are, when that happens, it's an emergency and the game is about to end unless someone else grabs the CV fast. And besides, if the old comm died, they're not likely to be able to respawn, reach the CV and reclaim it before the timer runs out, so there's no disadvantage to ending the countdown and making the CV available immediately.

13. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

14. Alceister

Alceister Member

First of all, I did check for topics in concerning "commander" and "lock". I didn't find any, so I tried "vehicle" and "lock", and there was nothing else either.

Also, mine has an addendum solution to Commander dying outside of vehicle.

15. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Mine has one in the post.
    Mine uses less big words. >.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>