Tank sprint

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Z100000M, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

So, because of todays insomnia I kinda got to think about the problem with horsepower/hill climbing that tanks had for quite a while now. They can hardly do that with certain engines which might be crippling. So I remembered the old shitty jeep turbo script that was on viper. I think something similiar could be used to help with the horsepower problems. What i though of was something pretty much ripped from infantry - the stamina and sprint, but changed to work with heat intead. The gist of the suggestion is to allow tanks to use the heat bar to give themselves a temporary boost is power, which would also mean that the heat bar gets to do more than just be a power limiter.
    The cost of using it should be pretty steep, as to make it help with the problem, not create new ones in sudden rhino tanks.
    It would also have the added benefit of making the slower engines a bit faster while travelling, except the coolant with its stupid moving heat.
    Im not quite sure how the interaction with bio would go though.

Also note the integral part of the suggestion: Tanks. TANKS. Stuff that actually does use the heat bar.
    Neither jeeps nor apcs need any of that, as it would only lead to resurgence of trolling or exploiting the maps.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Please no I Dont want tanks to be able to get away from another tank just because of turbo

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yes, great suggestion. I'd use that all the time. Fission would be a neat engine to use with that idea, but I imagine just like sprint you couldn't cool as you use the function so it would be fine.

In most fights they are near over heat, so they would really wouldn't be able to use it. I think it's more like it gets you up to speed from a stand still so you can actually climb the hill. A minor 10 more kph isn't much.

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

[YOUTUBE]HA96GwuvdVM[/YOUTUBE]

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I think it'd be cool as hell to be able to enable that kind of thing based on engine (as well as numerous other things), but we can't because Candles' mind reading skills don't allow him to guess the variable names that need to be overwritten in the engine.

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

I like. Could bring a bit more dynamics to the tank fights.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I just said, a steep heat price, meaning you cant do that with alot of stored heat or try and get overheated instead

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Finally, we get Kitt's Turbo Boost technology!

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Regardless of the heat idea, it's worth noting that there's 2 types of turbo - Physics push (which just shoves the vehicle) and torque push, which physically makes the wheels move faster. The latter could actually be really useful in small amounts to help with hill climbing anyway.