Tank Destroyer. 2 Seats or 1?

Discussion in 'General' started by VulcanStorm, Jun 8, 2016.

?

Should a tank destroyer have 2 Seats or 1?

1. 1 Seat

28.6%
  2. 2 Seats

71.4%
  1. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Simple question, since I'm modelling a tank destroyer. Should it have 2 seats (main + guy on top), or just 1?

If it had 2 seats (a guy on top) like other tanks, then he could shoot out and try and protect the tank from infantry. Also useful for carrying around a pocket engie for ammo, or picking up friends in distress!

Discuss!

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Definitely I vote for two.

Tank destroyers dont have an anti infantry style of combat and were extremely vulnerable to infantry, such as the tank destroyers in WW2. They need SOME sort of anti infantry combat, which a second seat to shoot out of would provide.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

How can you play this game for so long and yet think hatch seat has any use beyond a glorified nade hole is beyond me.
    Well that and the only mean for someone to not get pushed for half the map when a moron driver decides driving over friendlies is okay.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the 2nd arugment is a really strong one tho. i was going to make up arguments against a 2nd seat, you convinced me, i want a 2nd seat aswell please.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Ive used it when Im driving in an AFV and there are infantry nearby, quickly switch to second seat and bam I can get them. On top of this, it wouldn't have a rotating turret as well so it wouldn't suffer from the horrible aiming that current tanks do, actually making it effective.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

tanks with only 1 seat are disgusting.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

You can always attach some nice recliners or a couch on top of the tank, it's not like they have to sit in the tank.

Serious though, I feel like in arma I remember people could just kinda sit on top of the tank.