swtor beta

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. Turtle, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

I just got into it :D and its like fucking 35 GB:eek: . anywayz, is anyone else in it?

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

35gb wut?!

Says you need a dvd to play if you got the physical install version. So 7.7 dvd's without compression maby 6 dvd's with compression(you can't compress images and movies much more then they generally are already at).
    hmm I didn't even think of this... they might be dual layer dvd's... so 3 or 4 dvds to install with... still thats alot.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

4. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

^

<filler>

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

WOW in space

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Yes, thats why it will be awesome!
    Star wars + Bioware + WoW = Every nerds dream.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Mcgyver has a point.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Wow is a big treadmill, a glorified 3D chat room. You basicaly fight the same scripted boss fights for half a year til blizzard releases new content. The balance is... well their is no balance. Dont make me talk about the abomination called PvP. Its a unbalanced pile of crap with like 4-5 specs dominating and every patch just passes the OP card to another class.

I dont get why bioware makes a sci fi mmorpg with wow'ish game mechanics. In a fantasy setting it more or less works that two guy just stand their and hit each other with a sword or fist or whatever. In a sci fi setting with tons of guns it just feels akward if two guys face each other shooting and dont try to get behind cover etc.

I guess the reason is that game companies are so extremly focused on details. Its the same in every genre. Because one sci fi shooter with a "regen health in cover" system, a cover system, camera placed behind the shoulder and a muddy brown color palette sells well means that EVERY game in this genre has to be like that. Because yeah those stupid features sell games right? Not a well writen story or well designed gameplay.

Back on topic, most long time wow players use the game as a chat room and admit that the game itself is more or less crap. At least those that I know but yeah the star wars mmorpg needs to be an exact copy because its impossible to sell anything else right?

Edit:

WOW shows you what type of company blizzard is.
    Blizzard was never a company with good ideas or... well to keep it short they are as creative as a lobotomized hamster. The gui design comes directly from hell and takes half of your screen... (lololololol on my 22" screen the starcraft gui is bigger than my head). The "creativity" of the universes they create are ridiculous. It feels like a 5 year old made it. Lets just adress the devil with its name in another language and call it a story and thats actually the most creative work they ever did. Everything in starcraft is a copy of another sc fi universe. They dont even bother. Games workshop actually sued them and forced blizzard to alter their zerg units because of the similarity, no joke. Everything in wow is just a lame copy from mythology. The standard wow story goes like this: Lets mix 2 myths of two different countries and dont even bother to rename it properly. Want an example? Yggdrasil the live tree of the norse mythlogy. In wow their is nordrassil, lolololol. Get it? Norse and yggdrasil combined, so fucking creative. They constantly claim that they dont want real life religion in wow and they keep everything out that would offend religious people. Well thats true.. if you are a christian or a jew. They constantly use renamed gods and entities of other religions as demons and gods for no reason beside not being able to come up with something on their own.

The only thing blizzard was good at was game design and wow is in such a shitty state right now that you have to be seriously addicted to play it for more than a month. They totaly lost it completly wacko etc. I bet diablo 3 is an exact copy of diablo 2 with some parts of wow thrown into the mix. I mean look at starcraft 2 they even copied the HORRIBLE guy of the first part.

Rant fucking over

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Mayama I miss your rants, can you do it more often?

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

that's pretty much every game, mayama.

11. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

its a fucking great game, 10x better then that piece of shit WoW. Each class has its own story, which is awesome.
    I cant explain how much I love it in simple words. (and mayama is just jelly)

12. Empty

Empty Member

Mayama blizzard asked games workshop if they could make a 40k game and games workshop said no because they're fuckwits.

Blizzard did it anyway and their universe is fucking better than 40k.

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Yeah blizzard like ea games has a zero risk buisness policy. Only invest in a established market. The focus of blizzard game design is to piss off as few as possible. Well they are one of the game-blockbuster companies.

I dont say that for example starcraft 2 is not entertaining but the campaign feels more like a hyped interactive movie than a actuall game (who the fuck made normal mode so easy that a 2 year old could play through it).

Bioware is on the same "trip" mass effect 2 is imo a interactive movie with quicktime events and some railway shooter (think house of dead) like action scenes. Dont get me wrong mass effect 2 has an awesome atmosphere but it doesnt really feel like a game.

Oh am I the only one that thinks 1990 "easy mode" is 2010 "hard mode" in games?

14. Trickster

I won't deny that games were 100x harder 20 years ago.

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

We are no longer friends.

16. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

the fuck? 40K is way better then that shit.

17. FN198

FN198 Member

i feel the same way but it may be that our base coordination has improved since then.

18. Trickster

This is also true actually, so I could be wrong. I know that games that I used to find difficult on the Sega Megadrive, I can make a much better attempt at now and do far better.

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont know about you two but it feels more like I lose a big chunk of my reflexes every year.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

stop smoking :P