Suggested Implementation of the Tank Turret Traversal

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wired_4fun, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Wired_4fun

Wired_4fun Member

Well congrats you've got me to post my first thread on the forums, anyways.

Okay so the current implementation of the turret turning is really annoying when you are in the heat of a tank battle. This causes thing like you looking a direction without realizing that your turret cant go that far up or down, so I propose a way to fix that while still have the turret limits that people want.

So instead of two aimdots we instead have only one, it's implemented the same way as the old tank turret, but when you go to move the view it's slowed to the desired speed/limitation that the current scripts want. Then when the driver would want to freelook, they then press and hold ALT, this then unlocks their view from the turret. They can now freely look in all directions and do all the looky goodness, and while in this freelook mode, the turret will slowly traverse to where the person is looking.

So any questions?

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

This might be an OK idea. I do agree, it is a problem currently because I find myself looking down to hit an infantry, yet my turret can not look down that far. That is really frustrating and I think the problem people are having.

3. Avatarix

What about making a single dot for the free camera AND adding a line on the screen from the tank crosshair to the camera reticule? @Thexa4

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

Yeah, many suggested a button for freelook while we were first time testing this.

I dont really mind the double crosshair. But I do think the blue one is a bit large and too noticable for no reason. So a "dot" isnt a bad idea.

And yeah, I did notice annoyances while aiming up or down. Especially after you aim completely down, you naturally expect the turret to go higher when you aim higher, but you must still aim much higher until the turret starts to rise.
    But its rather a question of muscle memory/habit :P
    And second crosshair helps with that a lot... ( you should try this with no second crosshair :P )

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017