Stun Rounds/Armor Piercing skill

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wertbarg, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

After reading about how scouts and riflemen are considered non-driver classes, I have decided to bring up an idea of my own as well as an idea of the past.

for the scout, I have formulated my Stun Rounds skill, this skill increases the heat per hit on an enemy target by at least 50% (but due to the low heat given by non-plasma weapons, I would rather it be double). this allows scouts to be great at taking out stragglers and maintain the combat role as a scout.

Because of the rifleman's role as a front line unit, an Armor Piercing function mixed in with the existing damage upgrade skill. This skill would do normal damage to the armor of an enemy tank, but an additional 20% more damage would go directly to the hull. This prevents enemy vehicles from being actively repaired efficiently during, or in a short downtime between attacks.

For those of you who missed it, this applies only while in a vehicle.

EDIT:
    Pros:
    Vehicle use is now practical for all classes
    Plasma gets used more

Cons:
    you end up with pilots who can defend themselves or conceal themselves in enemy territory after their tanks are down
    The commander is no longer safe adventuring outside of base during early/mid game
    gives people another reason to use the scout (kinda joking)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. Jonat

Jonat Member

I'm pretty sure none of the other skills are that high %

Why not just buff Vdamage insted of giving them a button labeled "kill target"

3. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I would say 5% armor piercing would be quite good. The reason for this is deceptive, because the damage would creep up on people you would be likely to get more kills, and because hull damage takes far longer to repair you would be taking tanks you hit out of the battle for longer. At most it should be 10%, but I myself would get it fairly often if it was as little as 5.

Heat increase does not work reliably as a skill increase, it is far too niche a situation. Alternatively, increasing projectile velocity, rate of fire, or improving the heat to damage conversion ratio on hits would be valid uses. In the last case, I am not certain it would be easy to code, but once it was implemented it would be a subtly reliable skill for all weapons, not just plasma and would cause a small enough change that it might help you win a battle, but it would not grief the enemy with constant shut-down.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009