Streets of fire res is to high

Discussion in 'Archive' started by -Mayama-, Jan 10, 2013.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Like the title says its way to high it doesnt matter how many tanks you lose to the enemy you always have the money to buy 10 more.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Slaughtered could probably do with a small decrese in res.

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yeah i noticed this on slaughtered although im not sure if its to do with resources or the fact we have a lot more players than we used to.

Locked your other thread so the discussion doesnt get split

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Lowered SoF by 66%. Haven't had chance to see how good/bad Slaughtered is.

5. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Id say slaughtered could do with being lowered by atleast 33% when a servers full but would wait to see what its like over another few maps

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

Also be sure the server was using the default settings.

There were a few matches on viper for example where we simply couldn't get the res below 6.000, pressumably because res income had been increased by an admin some time before who had then forgotten to undo this before leaving.

7. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

i asked vicki if the res rate was increased once when we were playing with rediculously resources and she checked everything was set to default

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I thought the reason SoF res rates are so high were due to a bug?

9. Trickster

SoF is actually set to 0.75 rates by default.

I've been berated by Keef for my stupidity. I'm dropping it by 33% instead. That changes it from 0.75 to 0.5.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yeah, I think Slaughtered need a 10% drop as well.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

emp_chain has not enough resources... we had as NF 3/4 of the refineries but couldnt afford tanks cause the occasional apc every 30 sec made us broke...

...and its a hell of an anoying map, theirs no way you can see on the minimap where you can go and where not, its almost as big as emp_king because of the two levels it has.

Edit: I dont know if its a good map, well it needs a full 64 server and the confusing minimap make it hard to tell.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  12. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

It's fun when you get 2 decent teams. Admittedly the mini maps not the clearest but I don't see much that could be done about that

13. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I have a problem on that map. I noticed as comm I couldn't see half the team so everyone was always moaning about me not dropping refs but I literally just cannoy see them ont he map. And it wasn't because they were hidden either.

But I think its a great map. Probably could do with more resources though.

14. Trickster

I'll ask Keef to do his magical calculations for me on Chain and Slaughtered, so I can work out how to tweak things.

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

If Keef has a magical calculator that tells him what the optimal amount of resources is ... i'd like to order one as well please. Especially if it tells the optimal amount of tickets as well.

Also i can put overlays on the minimap where the cliffs are, but that looks very cartoony so i decided not to do that. And honestly if you've played it twice or spectated it for a few minutes then the layout is clear. In fact the name actually IS the layout:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234836/mapping/emp_chain/chain_layout.jpg

And if you want it in detail: (red=valley; orange=ramps; yellow=elevated; white=infantry bridges)
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234836/mapping/emp_chain/emp_chain_15052011.jpg

And if you want to know how to block an area:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234836/mapping/emp_chain/chain_territory.jpg
    If NF at start moves up to the 4 orange lines, they control half the map and half the res. If they're doing well they can move up later to hold the 3 red lines and control 9/12 res

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  16. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Omg, that minimap is so bad. It's almost as bad as bush. Change the color of the ground on the red path (middle chain link) to contrast the others.

I roughly know the layout, but I never knew it was so symmetrical. I feel like the minimap is holding back a really good map.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  17. Trickster

These days I have a completely stock Empires install, except for one single file, and that's the Chain minimap. I use an edited version of your 2nd one there, or rather, I transposed those lines onto the newer version of the minimap. It's not particularly pretty but it has helped me immeasurably.

18. Silk

Silk Mapper

I do approve of that !
    Set as standard though, new players would see the minimap and go ".. the hell"

Also spartacus they're just screenshots from months to years ago, i don't even know how the current minimap looks like. All of those images have been posted several times, going back almost 3 years.

19. Trickster

No, he just said that 12-15 res is generally ideal, with 15 being a high res map, 12 being low.

20. Silk

Silk Mapper

Sounds about right. Bush, chain and arid all have 12.

This was from before you changed a lot of the settings though. Vehicles were indestructable and no one wanted to change this, so i decided to give my maps less resources since any vehicle bought would survive untill the end anyway. Especially with those servers that were using increased res income things were insane.

Nowadays though they probably won't suffer from a bit more money