Stealing enemy tanks...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Commander Z, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Z

Commander Z Member

How about engineers who attain the "hijack" skill can take over abandoned enemy tanks? Perhaps it may take up to a minute to do so. When an enemy tank is taken, it will look the same, but will show up on the enemy's radar as a rogue unit. Perhaps, on the friendly radar, the tank will not show up as an enemy. But the downside for this is that if your team mistakes your tank for the enemy and fires upon it, you take friendly damage. Is this a good idea?

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

SHEILD YOURSELF FROM THE FLAMES!

this idea has been shot down many a time

3. Commander Z

Commander Z Member

Well how about implimenting music player in the mod, so you can listen to Internet radio while you are driving? Similar to the Half-Life Rally mod. LOL J/K.

4. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

So you're a sneaky bastard like me; I like that! I would do it slightly differently; part of taking over an enemy vehicle would mean corrupting it's IFF. Just like a spy in TF2, you could go anywhere, as long as nobody noticed that it didn't have an ID tag. Once that happens, or you fire on an enemy target, you would be flagged as an enemy vehicle. Until then, you would have to watch out for your side, though, as you couldn't identify yourself as friendly until you left the vehicle, at which time the jig would be up for you and said vehicle if within detection range of the enemy. You could fire towards your side as a deception without doing any damage if you hit anyone, though. (anti-griefer tactic)

5. Balo

Balo Member

oh ...more abilities for engineers.......how about if we give em hide skill, RPG and sticky nades and we get rid of all the other classes :-D

6. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

True enough. It would be more appropriate for a scout, wouldn't it?

7. Chahk

Chahk Member

Yes it would, except that Krenzo doesn't approve of this idea.

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

It has all sorts of problems. It lets one person, taking advantage of what is usually just going to be a random coincidince (finding an empty tank lying around) drastically get around the game's resource and research systems. Stealing a single high-tech expensive tank could turn the entire game around; and while it's fun to turn the game around, making it too easy for one person to do it like this would sometimes threaten to overwhelm the contributions of the commander and the rest of the team. That's bad... how would you feel if your team was playing beautifully, everything was going well, you had an excellent commander and everything, and then one person randomly sneaks in, steals one tank, and blows up your entire base?

Yeah, sure, ninjaed lol, but I think that in general the game should be focused more on rewarding people who play as a team and commanders / squad leaders who manage their side well, not random flukes by individual people.

9. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Honestly, what is the difference between ninja-ing a tank into the enemy base and just racing in, besides losing a bit of armor on the way in? As soon as a hijacked tank shoots anything, its lack of ID is seen, or the driver gets out, it's going to come under fire from every turret, soldier, and tank in the base, just like a tank that races in currently. If a COM hasn't taken the time to secure his base, it's his own fault. I've even been part of an APC race into a main base; me and another engineer walled in their CV, while a half dozen grenadiers pile out to mine it sky high. Granted; hijacking one of theirs and taking it in would have been safer, but not by much. All-in-all, while it wouldn't be used much, it would be a lot of fun while it lasted, and isn't that what the game is all about?

10. Great Grizzly

Great Grizzly Member

I like the idea. At least allow us to use the enemy jeeps that they ditch when trying to ninja the commander.

11. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

When you have a new idea, search for it first.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Only problem is alot of these suggestions are in the tester only section :|

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

This, however, predates the tester section. :|

14. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Maybe just jeeps. Other wise the NF and BE have diffrent controlls to discourage this sorta thing.

15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

This idea will never be implemented to keep the battles orderly. Allowing enemies to enter friendly vehicles creates confusion.

There's already a boatload of mechanics at work, adding this one won't really make the game any easier.

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Krenzo does not approve

seriously. use the search button.

17. petemyster

petemyster Member

Use This Idea On The Enemy Cv!!!!

18. flatmush

flatmush Member

It would be cool if scouts could sabotage empty enemy vehicles so if they were used again they would instantly explode, but I think that's been said before and shot down also.

19. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Something else just occurred to me: it could reduce the tendency of people to rush up to the front in a jeep, then just leave it there.

20. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

this idea will never happen, as sandbag points out, so any discussion is strictly mental excercise. Therefore, while we're hijacking vehicles, I propose that scouts get a new skill: active hydrolics, (or whatever you call it) that allows them to roll big pimpin', bouncing down the streets of streetsoffire with my homies (two m's?) and mah duece smg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.