Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BloodRaven, Aug 14, 2013.

1. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I will get it when its out for awhile or so. Like I want people to give their opinions on it and shit and see how it gets recieved.

I am very guarded about it even though it looks hype as fuck.
    I like animations, I saw the one where he was getting into the cockpit and it was like Mech warrior shit.

I got the mech warrior start up sequence downloaded onto my computer and it plays when I login and it boots up my desktop.

3. Sitka

Sitka Member

Might be good if you want mouse-control plane-like space combat.

If you want true, epic scale though, play Eve.

4. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Trololo.

This isnt Freelancer you silly goose.

Or is it...
    [​IMG]

5. BigTeef

I heard the tutorial is a giant pie chart.

Is that true?

6. Sitka

Sitka Member

[​IMG]

Here's what i can remember of my experience with the tutorial (keep in mind this is 2010 and they changed it since):

Just joined (you start in capt quarters or in hangar nowadays i think)
    1. start off in space
    2. why does my space ship have a sail
    3. its a solar panel
    4. wasdsawdwadwaw uparrow downarrow leftarrow oh dear i have to get used to click-controls

Sell/Buy training
    1. open market
    2. what are all these things
    3. holy hell 10000 ISK is a lot!
    4. sell stuff
    5. done

Mining training
    1. Get free mining frigate
    2. warp to lone asteroid somewhere in deepspace
    3. target it by rightclicking and selecting target because i still can't into shortcuts
    4. BZZZZZ (i can't stand hi-sec miners but i still think it's BS they changed the yellow BZZZ beam to some blue dual laser fancy whatever)
    5. done

Simple combat
    1. Warp to odd looking gate
    2. activate it to warp
    3. bunch of enemies
    4. target from 7km and hit absolutely nothing
    5. get to 500m and kill one
    6. have to fly straight at them and be quick to click in order to right click->target like a noob
    7. kill the rest
    8. done

Adv. Combat
    1. briefing says "you will die sometimes and you must accept that you will lose ships"
    2. warp to location
    3. bunch of enemies
    4. take damage and some message pops up
    5. only get to read something about "smartbomb went off in complex"
    6. move away from the space station and kill more enemies
    7. even more enemies
    8. they keep coming
    9. it sure is sparta in here
    10. ship explodes, find yourself in green egg
    11. holy shit it can warp
    12. warp back to base
    13. get free Rifter
    14. wonder what to do now what now

There are more tutorials that i don't remember.

Then you embark on this "epic mission arc" or something which teaches you more. In the end you make like 2-3 mil or something and feel pretty rich until you find out that everyone uses T2 modules for pvp which are a mil a pop.
    That one battlecruiser you want is 24 million.

So i farmed and bought it despite the saying "don't fly what you can't afford to lose"
    Got bored missioning like a little bitch and joined ninjasalvaging group. They then turned into complete carebears themselves so i quit for a bunch of months. Learned some cool stuff though.
    Now i'm in factional warfare playing skill queue online and selling ammo to militia to get some buffer ISK and still bug myself to log in soon to pvp.
    Still i don't much because I'm too seriousfaced about finding just the right corp. Also Dark Souls.

Overall though, i know this game is epic in every sense of the word. I feel it right at the end of my grasp, just need to reach out.

The whole of the universe is inhabited by huge power blocs and petty pirate groups. Almost every material that passes through your possession was mined and refined by a player, produced by another, hauled to Jita or your local trade hub by yet another and finally sold.

Thing is, people can sit in Jita and make billions in thousands of ways. Scamming (legit in Eve as long as you don't abuse mechanics), creating false markets, constantly out-bidding opponents and the list goes on.
    All while some noob sits in a belt and makes 1 mil/hour because he was too scared to enter the real deal.

Wars are like real ones: You can win through attrition, politics, head-on assault, subterfuge and so forth.
    One of the reasons it's important to pick the right side first should you get involved in nullsec, or you'll be branded as a spy when they see your corp history involves their current enemy.

All in all, a hyper-capitalist anarchy. Without the nuclear deterrent we have in our world.

So in essence: Yes, there are spreadsheets and calculations galore, but if you truly want, you can be a careless grunt working for some low/nullsec power or hide in hisec and have petty wars to your hearts content.

7. BigTeef

That sounds like Face of Mankind, minus the whole space aspect and its giant frist person shooter politics game. I would like to get into somthing like that but the problem with those games is its a whole social infrusturcture, and apprently I can never seem to find decent people to play with.
    http://www.faceofmankind.com/
    So I am forced to solo everything and miss out on half of the content.

But with FoM I am forced into a faction of my choosing and are working with real people from the start. I stopped playing it because the demand was too much on my computer at the time, and my colorblindness made it harder from me to determine the differnce between the Shadow criminal corps and the mining faction seeing as everyone had this universal dress code to make things harder for people to figure out who is who.

The only tells was the obvoius colors on the uniforms. So it was easy for me to not shoot the giant green and blue people, but its fucked up when the police faction and the criminal one team up agiant a angry coalition of minors because of some kind of retarded poltical thinking. But that just made it so much more funny to me, because we were using drug addicted players to do all of our dirty work, and held a high count of prisoners and interogations.

8. Sitka

Sitka Member

There are permanent factions in Eve (highsec ones) but really those are just background. You can fight for their militias, but the true stuff goes down in nullsec where people literally make their own "factions" so to speak.

A few people make a corporation, many corporations make alliances, many alliances make coalitions.

Advantage with this is that corps, alliances and so forth can be completely destroyed and won't necessarily return.
    There have been one power that was destroyed because somebody gave a spy highest level clearance and he simply disbanded the alliance. This meant that everybody was marked as neutral (anyone not blue in nullsec = probably enemies and will be shot). So after a while of tearing themselves apart, rivaling powers seized power of their systems and there went months upon months of organization, politics and war straight out the window.

That's the kind of stuff that makes me play it.

Eve has loads of social infrastructure but nothing bars you from creating your own corp, inviting diplomats, and letting them do the political business if you want to merge with serious alliances. Provided that you trust them.

9. BigTeef

I don't have friends is the subtle implied message.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'd so play Eve if I wasn't a scrooge and refused to pay the subscription fee.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'd so play EVE if I was an aspiring young entrepreneur who has studied ideologies of Chicago university economics professors. I'll just stick with RIFT.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I used to play eve... ages ago. Still get bugged by them to come back. Have a ind/sci character capable of driving titans. :)

13. ukgamer

ukgamer more like noob gamer

Hell yeah. I get a buggy and a toilet with my ship.