Squads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Yasuhiko, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Yasuhiko

Yasuhiko Member

Disable the ability to join or leave a squad while dead.
    So people don't prolong games that should have ended or possibly a 1 minute penalty for leaving a squad.

My main reason for this is for games that are about to end (both sides having <10 tickets) and prolonging the game by using Squad Revive.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Squad reviving through switching squads whilst dead is an effective and used tactic.

No, thank you.

3. Yasuhiko

Yasuhiko Member

No one uses squad rev in the middle of the game, letting people waste tickets. The more tickets you save during the game the more you have in the end. Saving it for the end where people think it helps the most is ridiculous.(View Point is based on a normal map). Squad Rev-ing in the end is a tactic that should not exist. Also making the engineer's squad heal more useless than it already is(since you can resurrect with full HP(which I hope gets nerfed).

4. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

You're not playing with the right people.

5. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Seconded....

6. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I beg to differ.
    People don't really care about tickets at the beginning of a match, well I think they don't care at all until they are low on them, Experienced Squad leaders
    use squad revive not to save tickets but to keep the squad togheter.
    If you are euro you should look for people with [PRKL] or EPIC tags they are usually found in Whiskey and Foxtrot squads and see how "Pro" players lead squads.

7. Omneh

Omneh Member

Remove tickets and end the game in a less arbitrary manner than sudden death.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

itt: idiots

what Yasuhiko suggested would still allow anyone trying to squad revive as a tactic, since people will just have to switch squads while still alive

it becomes a bit more trickier to organise though, but not much

9. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

saving squad points till end is poo.. more often than not, the squad does not use all of the points before the round ends. usually the leader is dead or the enemy team took the last flag.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Tickets are a bit boring, that's true. But yeah, people use squad revive all the time mid-game. You just aren't playing with the right people.

Also what the fuck, when did Hamster stop being retarded? This is really weird.

11. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Hamster's never been retarded. You just have to see through the mask of anime/cosplay/blogs.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Depending on what type of game you're playing, it might even be impossible to use squad revive at the end through switching squads because some squad leaders either don't know they are squad leader, or are dead, or don't know how to squad revive. I would complain if it was more of a mid-game tactic because someone could sneak into a good position, then start to basically teleport the whole team and destroy whatever their objective was.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

No, I'm pretty sure there was a phase where he was making serious, but really bad suggestions.