Squad/squad leader suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

You should receive rank points for staying close to, healing, reviving, and giving ammo crates to your squad members. You should receive much less rank points for everything else.

If you're close enough to your squadmates, you should see marks where they see enemies.

Your squadmates' team chat text should have a brighter color. The squad leader's should be even brighter. The squad leaders should be marked on the map in a noticeable way, and they should have a white circle around them for commanders, or something.

The squad leader should also be able to set the spawn location of his squad members. It would always be set to that when the spawn screen pops up, but you could of course change it and spawn elsewhere.

The squad leader should be able to call his squad to gather, but he could do it only every 5-10 minutes. The notice given to squad members should be the opposite of subtle. If you get to your squad leader within 1-2 minutes after he'd given the call, you'd receive a free skill, or maybe multiple rank points. If you're already close to your squad leader, you should perhaps receive less rank points, or none at all.

When your squadmates call for support using the radio commands, you should get rank points and 10 score points if you get near them with the correct class/vehicle.

If you have 100 health and full ammo, and your squadmate has 20 health and 5% ammo, staying very close together for a while should balance them like this, for example: your health becomes 80 and your squadmate's health becomes 40, your ammo becomes 70% and his ammo becomes 35%. Then after a while, it would be balanced even further. A small bar should become visible, that would show the time and also warn you of the effect.

Squad leaders should have an officer cap:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Because they are AWESOME and COOL, and they will make you notice squad leaders in battle. People will gather around them. To encourage that even further, slow healing near squad leaders could be in place.

2. Archanor

Archanor Member

Sounds like a great idea to me. It can't be that much of a job to make some hat models / reskins.

3. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

/me slaps Krenzo's forehead.

4. Align

Align Member

How about getting bonus points for killing enemies that have hurt a squadmember (not counting yourself) recently? For revenge or covering fire.

5. Aurora

That sounds sensible, Align. Good idea.

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

the officer cap would be really awesome, getting more points for teamwork is good too.

Not to sure about having your health be transferred over to you teammate, I definitly wouldn't like it if my health was stolen from me by some guy standing near me, and im also not too sure if we want to give engineers even more points, as they are already the ones getting the most points.

7. Aurora

Perhaps health/ammo transferring should be optional, then.

8. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I also really would like to see that kind of hats in. Those would make the squad leaders look really cool.

9. picard131

picard131 Member

I really like that idea.

10. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Engineers already get points for that and you get a point for every five points the squad earns already. So if everyone plays right you should have no problem getting more rank points.

I'd like to use the communication route first. I don't want squads to be aimbotting killing machines. A scout with enhanced senses can spot em easy, though it'd be nice if this would be applied to the whole squad as it simulates the implied communication you would see in a squad.

The text should be a different color. We also might need to make some aditions to the voice communication system to allow for squad and alltalk. Squadleaders get marked by stars now.

This could be handy, though a squadleader should always communicate.

Squads should inherintely stick together for the extra bonuses and points they can get. Giving points for showing up is too easy.

You should already get points for that, be it healing, repairing or blasting enemies that are at the location. It is too easy to give points for showing up.

No. An engineer will fix all that faster and at no drawback.

It's got my vote. We need more skins to differentiate between classes anyway.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Points for being in a squad should only be given when actually in your squad proximity.

everyone agree?

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

anyone who 'out ranks' (has more points that) a squad lead should be able to start a vote to have him changed.

the aura should increase with SL level

13. Aurora

Gravedig. I think there could still be more incentives for people to stay with their squads.

14. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

What about the old idea about the "squad summon", where a squad leader can teleport the squad near his position with a cooldown of... dunno, 3 minutes?

Make it a squad power. It would be a bit like the mass resurrect from the engi, so I see no big problems with that, seeing as it's already implemented.

15. Aurora

I don't think that'd work out well, people would be annoyed. There should be an incentive for squad members to stick together. If it's forced on people, they won't join squads anymore.

How about shared skills or seeing markers on enemies your squad sees, while you're in proximity of your squad members or nearby the waypoint placed by the squad leader?

16. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Shared skills... interesting enough.

What about letting each squadmember contribute to the squadaura with 25% of his class?

Example:

Squadleader - Engi
    Squadmember - Rifleman (10% accuracy increase i think)
    Squadmember - Rifleman
    Squadmember - Engi
    Squadmember - Grenadier (10% damage increase normally)

Aura: 1 HP/s regeneration + 2,5% accuracy + 2,5% accuracy + 0,25 HP/s regen + 2,5% more damage = 1,25 HP/s + 5% accuracy + 2,5% more damage

...which would only work if the members are actually inside the aura.

Thoughts?

17. Aurora

For like 10% increases in whatever, it'd be a pretty marginal advantage that wouldn't be noticed nor would it motivate people all that much.

18. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

But if you go much higher, then it might have gameplay changing effects.

With the above suggestion you can already boost the squad leader aura effectiveness by 100% extra power, if you got a single class squad.

19. Falchion

Falchion Member

Bonus points for headshotting the squad leader.

20. Aurora

You mean adding the current squad leader boost to every squad member?