Speeding up Vehicle Creation

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by vlamnire, Jul 4, 2010.

1. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

I wonder why we can't just double click a vehicle weapon/armor/engine to apply it to a vehicle. It shouldn't be to hard to implement and it gets really annoying sometimes when you have to spend so long trying to get a vehicle that may rescue your teammates.

2. OuNin

OuNin Member

I like this idea but empires isn't allowed to be intuitive.

3. SupRore

SupRore Banned

I think you should have to drag the armor/weapons you want through a specific pattern, with rhythm, or else it shouldn't count.

Designing a vehicle in real life is difficult, and this is a skill based game.

Maybe something like this in terms of mechanics:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wcN0bzWU4k&feature=related

4. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

From the grapevine: A faster, less clumsy creation interface is in the works. Not sure about the details.
    Odds are as soon as the gui gets a rework, this will get updated.

5. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

vehicle creation is too fast. you should have to search for a mini-model of the chassis in a crate and place it on a platform. then search for every single part in different crates (which are not ordered ofc) like single armorplates, weapons and engines, carry them to the model and add them. finally u have to solve a minigame or the designing process will fail and u have to start from zero again.
    After u fnished the design the vf will produce the parts and u have to control a building robot to put together your vehicle. hopefully somebody of your team will steal it when your done.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

It is being worked on after blimps are finished.

7. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

For players you have to multiply how long it takes to do something by 10 because people have little patience in video games.

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

needs more dropdown menus

[​IMG]

blah blah concept for dropdowns. not a comprehensive redesign obv.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Most of that is fine, but there's 2 things:

Firstly, I like the ability in the scripts to be able to allow more than one weapon in a slot. I.e. a 3 slot missile slot, could take 3 std MLs. Your system wouldn't allow that I don't think.

Secondly, I'd like the weapon bind system on the same page. As in, primary, secondary, etc.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

If they don't put in that drop downs Idea they should put in a "clear selections" button which clears armors, engines, and weapons, but doesn't clear armor plates.

11. Senor_Hybrido

Senor_Hybrido Member

Why not have a more newbie-friendly feature that gives them a small selection of the "latest" tanks that automatically have the weapons/armour/hull most recently researched by the comm?

On a somewhat unrelated note, how about the ability for commanders to disable certain weapons/armours/hulls? It would be useful for controlling the number of artilleries in play, for example.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

and being able to set minimum amount of armor plates so no one makes a balloon apc. There should be a way of the commander giving permission to build artillery, because once artillery is researched, your team is fucked, because EVERYBODY buys artillery.

13. Trickster

There's no such fucking thing as a balloon APC.

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

ALL GUI changes are in 2.26..etc...~Brutos

15. Trickster

No, they aren't. There aren't any in 2.26 as it stands, and none are planned for release.

Also, I don't see how it could be so difficult to add double clicking as a way to add weaponry to a vehicle, as a substitute to dragging. So much easier.

16. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I can only say what I've read../shrug.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah there is ask the guys down at [420]. It's an apc without armor plates. You can also call them armed jeeps.

18. OuNin

OuNin Member

I intended to add that, but i kind of just whipped it together. it's hard to add it considering the resolution restrictions as well as multi-slot weapons. i suppose you'd have some sort of convoluted n-part dropdown or something.

also, i just call an apc without plates a stripped apc. kind of makes more sense, speaking english and all.

19. OuNin

OuNin Member

or just add in restriction of specific vehicle chassis.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

We've gone over this a million times want me to go cast lvl 89 ressurect on a thread? Apparently it opens up to griefing, which is why artillery should be the only one that has restrictions based on commanders choice.