Spec Bug - Out of map

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Neoony, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Neoony

Neoony Member

No idea how to reproduce. (by lag, possibly?)
    It is rather informational.

Sometimes (rarely) when spectating, I suddenly find a player that looks like he is exploiting. It looks like he is on top/outside/below map.
    However, the player is in reality (in serverside) normally playing. And you could possibly even find him normally playing when you switch to "Free Look".
    But when you are looking at him 1st person, he is outside of map.
    When you switch to 3rd person he is outside of map, but on different location than viewing 1st person.

I have been once accused of exploiting out of map, while I was sure that I wasnt. Somebody reported me to AzK (AzK remember?)

This is probably only clientside. Meaning that if somebody else watched the same player, it would not be bugged like that.

This video is not the best example, but Iam sure it always looked like this.
    U can usually even see him shooting and all the normal stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1bhmQtthpU

This is mostly just informational as I said. Mainly to administrators of servers to always consider this before doing the decision.

Confirmations that this doesnt happen only to me while specing would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Never seen it before.

3. Neoony

Neoony Member

For the amount of time that I spec, it is not so rare. It would surprise me to hear from the usual spectators that they never seen this.
    If this would be happening only to some people (or only to me) then Iam thinking that it is either "some specific lag" that makes this happen or something in config.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Oh, I get that bug sometimes. So you're definitely not the only person to experience it.

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I see people wondering around the map sometimes and shoot at them with no results. Not my bad aim. They don't even respond. Happens rarely but, its upsetting. Generally if I am paying attention they are not carrying a weapon.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The video ended before the bass dropped. You sick cunt. That is not fucking ok.

Also, can't say I've ever actually encountered this bug.

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

BAN!
    I mean, what? Can't say I do. But I know you would never & I also never remember anything.

I have also seen it a couple of times too

8. Neoony

Neoony Member

lol u once contacted me that somebody told you that I was exploiting.
    Then I admitted, that I was once under the bridge in mvalley for about 5 minutes. Then I found out that you are talking about the same day that u contacted me. And what I was talking about that mvalley, happened few months before that xD Then I was just laughing that this made me admit that other thing XD

Thats what u kept telling me :D

It was nothing serious, but that time I told you about this bug and u said that u never seen it happen. This whole thing happened maybe one year ago so...
    Pretty much the reason why I posted this here.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  9. Neoony

Neoony Member

Funny that now after updates, something very similar started happening very often.

I wonder if its related.