Spawn in CV?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Broccoli, Dec 2, 2006.

1. arklansman

arklansman Member

The Big Lebowski :D
    And o yeah *slaps sandbag for blackholing*

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

oops..... and OW.
    i forgot what this thread was about... is someone creating a Titan mode for empires?

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

Yup <filler>

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I wouldn't hold your breath for a titan mode anyone, it's looking pretty hacked at the moment. They can move way too fast (CV speed) and are limited in the z axis (can't move up or down). Good news though: it is possible to attatch turrets to it! They don't like being upside-down, but they work fine on the decks. You can also spawn on it, and it's got a working platform that lowers to the ground (also hacked). I'll see if I can put some screens and the BSP up later.

I've no idea how it would react in an online environment though. It could well be really really laggy. I know for a fact that your view will jump around when you're stood on it and it's moving (flawed HL2DM net code).

5. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

Is it possible to use a teleport to transport players into the cv?

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

But since Empire's is on the Source engine, wouldn't it work like teleporter's in CS:S? Those constantly block...

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

You need to be in a vehicle to get rid of that movement lag. Maybe some kind of pods you have to get in before being lowered down?

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

True, pods would prevent the jittering. But then again, it would happen at all times whilst on the titan, not just when on the lift.

AFAIK teleporting into vehicles is not possible. Does one teleport into a pod at any point in HL2? I can't remember, I don't think so. It was all voluntary. So in that case, no.