Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Support' started by bitchslap, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

I'm getting this output in console with my current settings :

Does Empires have an issue with the 'low' quality sound setting that idk about ? Or would this point to an actual issue with my files installed?

I don't want to waste time checking it out locally if its one of those lil details i missed somewhere.

Also, the game and its sound is working seemingly completely fine, i need to do snd_restart everytime game loads but otherwise no issue.

Thx in advance.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

You might need to do the verify integrity of game cache thing from the properties menu in steam, I've had this problem before and it turned out those files weren't downloaded/installed.

3. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

i did that just now, we'll see if it's fixed.

another thing related (sorta).

Does anyone know how to get snd_restart to run every time I connect to server? having it in autoexec doesnt seem to do it, nor in config.cfg. I tried a bat file like s.bat and then "exec s.bat" in console but that barely saves time typing...

i'm sure there's a simple solution i'm not seeing for this, just overtired....
    thx

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you could put it in the <infantryclass>.cfg and vehicle.cfg files, then it gets executed whenever you spawn, switch class or enter/exit a vehicle.
    idk if thats what you want though ...

5. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

that would be too often and likely cause crashes when lots of action is happening...

its a good idea, but i need better.....anyone?

6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

exec viper.cfg
    -->connect whateverVipersIPis
    -->wait
    -->snd_restart

Don't know if that's any different from your try or if that would work at all, but it's what I would try first.

On a different sound related note: A minority of people is feeling like all empires sounds get a little "grandiloquent" (they miss some base and sound high) over the time playing including Mootant and me. If anyone has a fix for that or is experiencing the same leave a comment plz.

7. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

thx, tis good idea, think i'll give that a go and report back.

EDIT:

k, went simple but it saves typing and is down to a keypress...dont know why i didn't see this one ahead of time. Also, f.t.r your idea didn't work.
    What I did was simply create

t.cfg = one line "snd_restart"

then ingame in console typed
    bind "-" "exec t.cfg"

ta-da
    now i press the minus sign after connecting and get my sound back. woot for simplicity.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012