Sound Going into static

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shinzon, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Ever since the introduction of ML spammers; too many sounds start playing and in the end it just sounds like TV static...

Is there a way to put a cap on how many sounds are played at the same time so they do not turn into the equivelent of having a broken TV on all the time right beside you?

Sounds more like a problem with the source engine... But it still very annoying...

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

the NF heavy tanks with all missles make it sound like your speakers are blown.. maybe limit how many times the sound is played? i dunno how the source sounds work but this should be fixed

3. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

Yep, I get this problem too, it sounds like static and than the sound dies for 5 seconds and it all comes back again.

4. CrimsonGear

CrimsonGear Member

same, i hate when that happens.

5. Kamber

Kamber Member

i could be wrong but i think this is a problem with the engine. There was a bug in the tf2 beta that caused the same thing and was fixed, its in the update history on October 9th, it reads "-Fixed a sound corruption issue which could cause audio popping". same bug? Any way i think limiting the # of sounds played at once would fix it till valve releases the orange box engine.

6. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Actually I like this bug.

It sounds nice when there's so much sounds going on that you get kind of deaf, though I wouldn't mind to hear the massive bombardment sounds when fighting in a tank battle where are 10 vs 10 tanks and everyone of them shooting someone.