Sooo...Team Fortess

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arklansman, Sep 11, 2007.

1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Yes - if they are disguised, shoot them. They'll transform back into their real spy look, revealing who they are. If I suspect a disguised spy, I start shooting everything I see once with a shotgun or other secondary gun. If I suspect a cloaked spy, I just keep alert - they can only be hidden for 10 seconds or so.

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Heh, that's what I did in FF. I just blasted everyone entering the base to see if they'd be so stupid as to reveal themselves. If they died, good, if not then they'd be a little annoyed.

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I've yet to see friendly fire on. So the only response I get is them shooting back, or them stopping and staring at me.

Another hint/note: if the person is able to fire their primary weapon, they are really what they seem. If the person runs around and never fires their gun, chances are they are a spy. Spies look like they really have a minigun, rocket launcher - etc - but they can't FIRE the gun. I have yet to look and see if the spy has the same move speed as his disguise (slow if they appear to be a heavy, fast if they appear to be a scout)

I looked at FF and had no interest....tired of mods that look like HL2 and all.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

use the pyro. fire is the ultimate anti-spy, only the spies in the crowd will ignite

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

My CSS group is hosting a TF2 server in Toronto and i am pretty sure it's FF on but I haven't played yet.

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Those spies are the bane of my existence. On Well, I got so pissed off I just became spy defense for the battlements. Three spies came in one right after the other, and I killed them all. Stupid spies. I'm really glad it looks like only 2fort is CTF. I am so sick of CTF. Cap points are fine.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  7. Chahk

Chahk Member

You definitely slow down when you disguise as a heavy. Not sure about scout though, since I rarely use that disguise.

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It would be unfair if spies could move faster if they became a scout.

9. Chahk

Chahk Member

Tried it yesterday and did not notice any speedups.

However, for some reason I managed to get more backstabs disguised as a scout than as any other class. Could it be because people don't mind seeing scouts with batons running around?

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Even if you have your knife out, you LOOK like you have your primary gun out to all enemies.

About my earlier comment: When you damage a spy, they don't change back. It just seemed that way, because most spies are 10 year old morons who don't realize I'm shooting them to see what they are - if they would just look at me funny and keep on going, all would be well - I'd pass them by. Anymore, if its a spy heavy map, I go pyro and torch them all - if they burn, they be a witch! err...spy I mean...spy. Spies can be fun to play as, sometimes...but all in all, I think they detract from the game - too many times, I just shoot people at random, to see what they are. All spies added to the game was a large amount of distrust for everyone and everything. And I hate that.

I've already got more than half of the achievement awards in TF2. They better redo the awards and all, else they will loose their value after playing TF2 for a month.

http://gallery.gianellip.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=27&g2_serialNumber=1
    http://gallery.gianellip.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=32&g2_serialNumber=1
    http://gallery.gianellip.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=35&g2_serialNumber=1

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  11. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Heh, pyros are fun. I <3 pyro.

I abhor demomen now though, they are very hard to kill when you're a pyro. I need to get close and they can set traps easily for me easily. I spent an entire match on 2fort trying to kill this one guy in the sewers, but I just couldn't do it.

Spies, engineers (not turrets), scouts, medics and soldiers aren't much of a problem. Demomen, heavies and snipers are tough. Other pyros seem to die rather fast though.

12. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

So, my first experience on the new 2fort.

I'm an engineer, and I set up a teleporter from outside our spawn to the enemy waterway. After one of my trips through the teleporter, I saw a friendly medic on the other side, and he started following me. He had problems keeping up with me, so I had to keep stopping. We made it to the enemy basement and met up with a friendly demoman. The 3 of us cleared out the flag room (i don't feel like calling it intel,) but I was the only survivor. So I grabbed the flag, and made a mad dash back to base. I made it back to base, went to the usual cap point, only to find that it wasnt there. So as I'm retreating back into the cover of my base to ask someone where they moved it, some sniper gets me. AND THEN NOBODY PICKED UP THE FLAG. The game ended up turning into a sudden death with the other team winning. :eek:

13. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I just listened to the dev commentary. Pretty nice stuff. Also, in commentary 13 on the second map, they talk about TF2 originally be a fps/rts hybrid with a commander, but that they couldn't overcome the design challenge.

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Your own intel doesn't need to be present to cap. You could have won.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Yeah L3TUC3, if you look at the older pictures of TF2: BOA, you see they had the same idea as Empires, even down to an APC and players that all look the same.

16. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

WTF are you talking about? By "usual cap point" I mean the cap point in TFC 2fort. Where did you get the idea that someone had our Intel?

17. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I heard it was all on track until the server kept freezing and no one could figure it out.

18. Simon

Simon Banned

TF2 is really fun to play for some cheap thrills kinda. It is very good at what it is I enjoy it. I'll probably be playing it when I don't want to spend too much time at something and am just looking for something to do for 15 min

19. KILLX

KILLX Banned

wait, cap points move? thats what RampantAndroid's rant sounds like

20. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

That's what I'm talking about. You weren't clear. No reason to start yelling.

I'm not ranting. If you watch the video for each level, it shows you where stuff is.