Sooo...Team Fortess

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arklansman, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Maoo

Maoo Member

Lol Gunman chronicles gives you the whole Platinum pack (if thats the same as gold source?) £2 in my case I bought it in computer exchange and though what the hey a key is on the manual lets try it :D.

Fortress forever sux balls imo seems the only link they made available is shitty fileplanet (maybe they had a deal with them or summit which they get a cut from every poor sap who signes up for a payed account to jump the download que?) have to w8 40 minutes in line before I can even wiff a download so ain't worth it, seeing as there are hundreds of free filehosting sites around (gamers hell anyone? 1000mb download servers with no limit on max download speeds all for free did I hear you say?).

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Theres a very good reason for that. Before Steam existed, there was Half-Life. TFC, DM Classic, and Ricochet were mods that were automatically installed with the Half-Life updates. Counter-Strike could be obtained for free with the in-game mod downloader, and I think DoD could be obtained in the same way. So when they moved over to Steam, it wouldnt be fair to now say "you cant play TFC anymore" or "you cant play CS anymore." So ALL retail versions of Half-Life have to give you those little extras on Steam.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Most people would not buy a 2nd copy of hl2 just to grief and avoid banning on their main account. Now imagine a lot of these people being forced into buying a 2nd HL2. Sounds like a lot of fun for admins :p

5. Chahk

Chahk Member

Just played FF. What can I say... I now remember why I hated TFC. Same mindless run-and-gun havoc with too many classes to choose from, and not enough emphasis on teamwork.

6. Damian

Damian Member

How is FF? From the videos they seemed to detract a little from TFC with the new announcer, player models, ect.

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's almost an exact replica of TFC with some class balancing and new textures. The maps are pretty much the same as well as the rest of the gameplay. I played it for about an hour and got bored. I've played it all before.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

I guess it's a good thing I never played much TFC. :)

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

It's not nearly as fun as FF. Less balance and lots of inconsistencies to remember.

Doesn't have quick paced action of TFC either... It's still fast, yea, but not quite as TFC.

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I'm downloading FF from that torrent right now. I always enjoyed TFC, so even if it's just a graphical/engine update, I'll be happy. TF2 seems to have changed a lot, so I'll be more hesitant about trying that.

Any idea if I could sell my copy of HL2 that comes with the orange box? Like if it's a separate serial number, or is it all in one? What I really want is Ep1+Ep2+TF2+Portal.

11. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You can give your copy of HL2 in the orange box to another steam user.

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

only thing i have seen that i dont like is that the autocannon in FF now starts firing instantly, no startup. that was one of the important balancing points for the AC, leaving the heavy very vulnerable for those 2 seconds

13. ^Dee^

Yea but now it has this overheating thing.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

You can still fire nonstop without overheating though. Just clickety-click away. :)

But I still haven't had any problems taking out heavies.

15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=750

You can't really sell it, but you're allowed to give it away. I think I'm giving mine to a friend who hasn't been introduced to Empires yet.

16. picard131

picard131 Member

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too. I recommend anyone who's getting the Orange Box to give their HL2 key to someone without any steam products, and introduce them to empires.

17. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Dammit, that's so lame. If I am forced to buy something, I should at least be allowed to sell it.

At the risk of having my account banned, it looks like there's a free copy of HL2 heading someone's way...

18. ^Dee^

you could sell your current account (not legal) and use a new account for orange box.

19. Maoo

Maoo Member

Wow maybe you guys should start a new topic to discuss the legality etc of selling accounts and so on lol you gone wayyy off topic now..

Anywho I played FF finally today (cheers for the torrent link krenzo ;)) and tbh it is fairly similar to tfc classic (updated graphics and the like but meh), anyway its really buggy lol, was playing on the canyon map whatever its called again, was on blue team as scout, came running out a tunnel only to get caught on a mound of mud and get dropped off the map rofl, but the best bit was the floor of the map wasn't that low from the actual map so I was shooting the red team to pieces without them even knowing who it was rofl, in the confusion my team managed to get the flag to the outpost unoticed, so yeah it is still fairly buggy. Not to mention an enemy flamethrower guy was buring me and some team m8's, as i was shooting at him and the burn effects were happening the game decided to crash with an unexpected error crap :S (on a side note maybe empires could ask to use or even reverse engineer the burning effect on FF since it was well cool also edit it for bio and nuke damage effects :D).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  20. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

so you exploited and killed the other team?

Please don't do that on the empires servers. It's no fun being banned