soo...bf 2142

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Aug 6, 2006.

1. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Not going to happen. It will sell millions of copies, and EA will only get bolder. Until they actually implement something that directly impacts the average gamer, a majority of people won't know and won't care.

That's not to say you shouldn't refuse to purchase it based upon your principles, though.

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Im glad there are people here and every where that a rising up against this... Their marketing tactic sucked, and I can't belive some people actualy don't care about this... Don't they see where this will take EA, if enough people will not rise up?

You will be playing a game with ads everwhere, totaly breaking the atmosphere, programs running in the background checking EVERYTHING you do... and soon to follow maliticous software will create even larger holes using this spyware

And this IS spyware, since no one was informed about this, and just beacuse they put some random shit in the ULA (Or a seperate sheet of paper that is supposed to be one) means nothing to justify calling it anything else...

I don't understand why security experts aren't going nuts over this, beacuse I can see clearly how much shit Windows engineers will have to go through to make sure this is secure and compadable...

3. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Hm. Turns out the program only checks what area you live in (so people in the U.S. don't get U.K. ads, and vice versa) and the details of your in-game viewing behavior (how long you look at them, at what angle, etc). So it might not be as bad as I thought.

Unless they're lying through their teeth.

4. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I dont care, they'd still be putting spyware and advertisements in a 50 dollar game that was what BF2 should have been the first time. I enjoyed the demo, but than I heard they have alot of those retarded maps where you cant get to the front without a vehicle, thats why I dont play BF2. I want to fight the enemy, not the map. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather spend my time playing ragnarok/starcraft/spring and warhammer 40k which is totally sweet ^,^

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

What? They are changing their statements all the time...

First there was NOTHING ABOUT IT

Then, they say that it chekcs your surfing habbits and such (Even said on that website) making excuses that development for "Next gen" games is really high

Now they say that it just checks your IP to get approp adds?

Whats next... They will actualy listen to the consumers and stop BSing under their breath?

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

That website was spreading misinformation based on assumptions

7. Thor

Thor Member

Really sweet game. Surprisingly I and some other people haven't found any bugs in the release. The game is a ton of fun. Quite a few of BSID is within the top 1000 rankings worldwide. Fun stuff. If anyone wants to play with us on bf2142 feel free to hit up the vent server and see if we are online.

8. ^Dee^

bsid thinking of expanding to 2142? :)

9. bossekille

bossekille Member

i bought the game today, and i think that its very overrated. but as ea as publisher why not. for me thats perhaps way to old to play games hehe i think its to fast. its to much like those adreanaline junky games that multiplayer games sector spits out. no clear room for tactics.
    there is only one mechrobot. and well you never get to drive it . and those damn voice acknowledgment that keeps repeating whenever someone sees an enemy. makes no sence they dont give coordinates and its creating a really stressy feeling.and there is no way of turning them off without turning off the soundeffects.
    there is no upgrade research as in empires. and when the big ass tanks shoots it feels kinda lame like those emp shells that those annoying creatures shoots in the new batch of star wars movies that sucked.
    and i get game freezing, lagg from the multitude of voice acknowledgments and the overcrowded servers.
    the maps are ok but way to cold, mostly winter maps. perhaps one whould do but to play those maps for a longer time makes you freeze your balls off.
    also need new computor for the highest setting on multiplayer. wich sucks becouse i wanted to get the most of the game, but that i cant blame anyone for.
    battlefield 2142 is more of an supermarket arcade game then a fun tactical war game in multiplayer. and you really want to find out where those guys is that makes the voices and kick their ass after a while hehe.
    makes no sence why there so much acknowledgment all the time. it whould had done with flag capture acknowledgment or something not ever time one of 32 players sees someone.

empires is way better and has a better core then battlefield 2142.
    to bad you guys dont have ea as publisher that by the way becoming the microsoft of games it seems.

could had bought something else for that money now it feels like. hope they hurry with the patch soon hehe.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  10. ^Dee^

it would make sense to have a game set in an ice age to have a few winter maps :P

Either way, I find it to be one of the best battlefields to date, gameplay wise. Has the most problems I've encountered with any battlefield release, however u.u

Oh, and spotted enemies show up on the (mini)map

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Atleast they don't spam the radio messages like in Renegade..

Zigler23:"Affirmative!"
    Choob:"Negative!"
    {ROFL}Tipeater7:"Defend the Harvester!"
    {ROFL}Tipeater7:"Defend the Harvester!"
    Welshy:"Attack the Harvester!"
    *GDI Weapons Factory Destroyed*
    -[PKE]-SillyGoose:"Negative!"

..God.

I don't know, I'm loving 2142 so far. Most of the people online know what they're doing, I've only seen maybe one or two arguements ingame (Common in said Renegade), the weapons are decent, the sound is great-I love the PAC voiceovers :)- Aside from being a tad unstable, it proves to be fun.

12. ^Dee^

renegade. Now that was fun while it lasted :P

13. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Man I sure love Renegade, I think there are still a few servers running, Hmm now I feel like installing it now.

14. Thor

Thor Member

Someone asked earlier, and to answer: BSID has indeed expanded to BF2142.

15. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Sadly their forum lost it's life in the process.

16. Thor

Thor Member

Not quite. We moved the forum off of Angry's server and onto our own. the new url is www.bsid-clan.com/forum. However, we are waiting for the bandwidth to be restored on our old forum so we can access it to export the data off the old boards onto the new ones.

Thor

17. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I bought bf 2142 four days ago. Kind of getting bored of it already =.=...
    Saergant Gold right now and playing as Recon. got me silver collectors badge already ^_^;
    75 kills and 21 deaths with the park sniper rifle
    186 kills and 33 deaths with the lambert carbine
    317 kills and 65 deaths with the zeller advanced sniper rifle
    195 kills with the claymore mine
    74 combat efficiency pins (5 kill streak)
    11 D. combat efficieny pins (10 kill streak)
    23 infiltrator pins (5 headshots)
    I <3 my kill to death ratio ^_^;
    if theres someone else with insane stats post em up
    my user names decemberscalm on bf2142 so feel free to add me

only 2 gold medals though (plenty of silver), recon sucks at score whoring =.=.... If only kills were worth 2 points like in bf2

18. ^Dee^

I wish I could play more. They still haven't fixed the master server issues :(

19. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Im really tempted to stop playing till they nerf the apc's groundhog/romanov rocket barrage thingy. I'm pretty sure half my deaths were becuase of that bs in the Berlin map which I've played waaaaay too much. That unbalanced gun gets at least a 5 kill streak every time its in use.

20. ^Dee^

yea I tend not to play the conquest only maps because of the whole spawn camping/spamming/karkandwhoring.

Titan maps are the best maps imo. Whether they're played in titan mode or not :)