soo...bf 2142

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I have been playing the bf2142 demo non stop... I think im actualy going to buy the damn thing

CURSE YOU EA!!! *Shakes fist >.<*

2. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Hmm, Niar is on TS right now. I'll tell him to come in. Sorry, but "I hate microsoft" is an arguement people make when they are just being an ass. (I'll put a qualifier on that - if you're being serious.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  3. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

It be fun.
    Mechs pwn.
    Support pwns.
    Will be buying Vista.
    getting it free from Cuz who gets blanket license at company.
    by time vista come out, HD need wipe anyway.
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Shield of +10 Flame Resistance.

4. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Stating that it will outright suck before it's finalized is hardly what I'd call a good argument. From what I see, Rampant used qualifiers in the statements of his original arguments (for example, "supposing microsoft (micro$hit) doesn't screw it up."). I do believe he also stated that he doesn't believe the performance increase will be anywhere near as large as the people at MS say it'll be, which isn't consumer-whore-ism by any measurement. He also, I believe, made a point that he was going to avoid Vista post-release for maybe a week or two to see how it did for other people.

Going into the full details of all the changes that are going into Vista and the potential positive and negative performance impacts of those changes isn't going to change anyone's mind. What WILL determine are the post-release benchmarks, which I'm sure all of us will listen to a lot more closely than MS marketing or anti-MS bashing.

I will admit I have a healthy dislike of MS, but I'm not going to slam Vista unless the release proves to be a POS.

5. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Niar, what is it that you do that makes you so friggin' smart.

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

He just summed up what I'd said....:-?

7. Thor

Thor Member

Me and a few other BSID have been whoring the demo. It's a really awesome game. I hated battlefield 2 but love this game. The no unlocks in the demo kind of sucks though, as theres no way of reviving without unlocks. =( Definately going to buy it at release.

8. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Yah, as Thor said, playing with your buds/clan and talking via Ventrilo makes the game 100x better. Also, he's right-on about no unlocks in the demo. It means that there is NO ONE with the C4, NO ONE who can revive, NO ONE who can drop a sentry drone, NO squad leader bonuses... and no cool motion mines :(

However, that makes me crave the release even more, for when I get to use my unlocks and get promoted twice (i think)! And get a special promo gun from Best buy! Hooray!

9. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

frickin A! see what I mean? Evryone I know whose played it has hated it innitially, than told someone they hate it. The next day thier playing all day =.=

DAMN YOU EA!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL

The logistics in 2142 are much better for your health. The Pods on the titan can get you to any adjacent silos if your in need of a ride, and the vtol's buzzing around the map 24/7 are an infantry man's best freind. <3 those pods.

and than I think of bf2 days... waiting for a vehicle to spawn.... and waiting... and than spawning somewhere and getting immedieatly killed by an apc... again. And who could forget the joy of your teamates mines on the runway when your trying to fly a jet?

10. Inflames007

Inflames007 Member

hah, all of the main demo content is located in the demo folder in the mods directory.

11. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

geh, three attempts at fixing the master server issues and still nada :(

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Too bad unlocks don't work in the demo, you can't get promoted, and if you have promo unlock things they don't work either :(

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

I like the demo, and still contemplating whether or not I should spend (waste) fifty bucks on it.

I'm surprizingly good at it, generally I have the worst luck in BF games, I normally die at spawn thanks to some vech user or arty strike, etc. But I've learned that if I too whore the vehicles, I dominate the other whores. It works, if only I've seen it before.

All the classes, excluding the support, I make use of. Recon, tch, headshot galore, assualt/medic seems just the infantry killer it's always been, engineer is a godsend. Come on, you can repair your tanks and such, and if it happens to get destroyed you still come with a rocket launcher and remain a threat, not to mention it's good at killing loaded transports :p

Atleast I found a few decent servers, despite what most people complain about on Gamefaqs and such, teamwork seems to be present, you know it's not much but atleast it's there. I think I'll go play now :)

14. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Whats that veterans program they have for BF 2142 about? I all I know is it has something to do with using your BF2 account on 2142 & having a "Pwnage dance" emote & some special badges. Do I have to register my BF2 account for BF 2142 or can I just log in out right with my BF2 account & start dancing on some dead people?

15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Some crap that BF2 players get an extra rank... (In the demo as well, so they can unlock 1 thing)

16. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

dude!!! I bloody owned today. One round I ended up with 108 score, and 66 kills on a (fighting as pac) 12 vs 43 titan macth XD. About only 20 of them were activelty fighting instead of tking lol. We were able to defend our unshielded titan with only 3 support/medics, and took out thier titan when ours was about to go down. It was hilarious, I keep dropping pods on unsuspecting mechs and killing them, and gunned down way too many people. Got about 5 gold stars and one silver today hehe ownage.

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Too bad its only a demo :p

Unless you bought the full...

18. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

full isnt out yet T_T.. its out on the 17'th me thinks, so like, two days

19. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

bangshoo, they still haven't fixed the masterserver stuffs. Less than a week left, they'd think it'd be a top priority :<

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Its EA... What do you expect... the publishers are probably are getting ready to count all the money they are about to get or getting instead of telling the devs or even asking them to fix anything...