soo...bf 2142

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Aug 6, 2006.

1. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i dont no about yall, but im gonna preoder BattleField 2142 tomorow.
    for one, heres the deal at EBgames: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=B646574A
    for two, heres gameplay movies of it:
    http://media.pc.ign.com/media/819/819222/vids_1.html
    for three, heres an article about it:
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield2142/news.html?sid=6154750

i dont care if its buggy as hell, as long as i can join a server and grab a mech and own som noobs, than i will keep playing. (i just noticed that without thinking, i typed own instead of pwn).

also, i get a free rank, so im gonna get a support skill, be squad leader and get a hovering sentry drone.

for the best idea of the game, watch teh E3 2006 trailer. it showcases all of the units.

and finally, http://www.calibermod.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1065&st=0
    scroll down to my post at the bottom to see other games im getting

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

3. Deiform

Deiform Member

Looks nice tbh, I am a collector of the Dice merchandise, they release some nifty games, unlike some companies I know...

*cough* Ubi Soft *cough*

What was that?!

4. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I'm waiting for a demo to decide. To me it's BF2 with mechs and plastic guns that fire blue tracers, I just haven't seen any noteworthy additions that make me want to buy it. In my opinion, BF2 was actually a step backwards compared to bf42 in terms of UI (Jeez, logins that require you to start the game? Serverbrowsers that don't filter?), patches (Yes, let's have patches unpack 2 gigabytes of data for any change) and overall playing experience (too many ranktards, dumbasses and 12 y.o's).

For now I consider bf2142 more EA spam that'll probably be another half-assed accomplishment.

5. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

As terrible it will obviously be, there'll still be thousands upon thousands of people that'll buy it. After all, EA caters to the more casual gamers, they wouldn't know better.

6. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i dont care. if it sux, ill just have it for the novelety, and play quake wars abunch.

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

The gameplay was fine when I played it, you may not get to play how you want all the time, but it's up to you whether you're willing to adapt or not to the game style since it's a lot more complex than bf1942 was with the insane amount of vehicles available.

The UI was alright, could've had a few tweaks to fix it up and make it more smooth, but it wasn't really a step backwards tbh, you could get there eventually (even if it was a little frustrating about getting a server you could play on).

And ranktards and 12 yr olds have the distinct lack of tactics and skill which make them all the more worthwhile to beat. A casual gamer will never make it into the global rankings and will only get a couple of new pieces of kit, but you can quite easily find a nice server to happily shoot people to your hearts delight.

And you can't say that BF2 wasn't worth it just for the graphically amazing models and textures.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  8. 2TM

2TM Banned

What is with the yellow text!

9. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

OMFG AAAAAAH MY EYES!!! U DIRTY BASTARD!!!!

10. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Yellow text is readable on blue background?

Maybe?

11. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, I'm getting BF2142 because although BF2 might have had some problems, I liked it a lot, but never bought it. I'm hoping to be ahead on the whole BF thing when the next release release rolls around, and plus I like advanced-tech things :D

So if I already had BF2, I wouldn't buy BF2142. But IMO it's too late to buy BF2.

12. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I'm heavy on the team aspect and well, it wasn't there. Squading up? Voip? In the demo everyone used it! After release it dropped and I've rarely seen it used or heard a mic for other reasons then spamming obnoxious music (mute yay). I've played the demo and full game for about 75 hours combined (maybe more) so I got my money's worth, but eventually it just got tiresome.

The same thing happened in bf42, but by the time I got tired there were plenty of mods to amuse myelf with (FH!). I'm just dissapointed.

Note how I highlighted eventually. Just poor design on dice's end. Minor but still annoying if you have to use it every single time you want to play the game.

I'd rather have the enemy team be squaded up with a decent commander and some capable braincells who defend a position with wits and smarts while my team overtakes it inch by inch then a rabble of nubies that don't grasp the notion of "flank" and "knifekill". The first is 100x more rewarding but the possibility of it happening is one in a million ouside of leagues and clans.

Wait what? I like the graphics, but watching a JSF plummet itself into a T72 on 1280x1024 100xAa and 27xAs (and whatever other graphical nonsense) for the 6th time in a round doesn't make me appreciate the game more. Graphics are one of the things I actually like about the game.

But enough about bf2. I'm still sceptical.

13. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I've heard it sounds like a Tribes rip.

If it is, my hatred of EA will deepen.

If it isn't...

Nothing can stop my deepening hatred of EA anyway.

14. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i dont no wut servers uve been playing on, because theres almost always a good squad somewhere.
    try SF
    me n a few other people were playing in "teamwork" squad, made a clan.
    i dont think its a tribes rip. watch teh E3 2006 trailer. u see a glimpse of the character cuztomizaiton screen. some parts might be the same, but its different in teh long run.

tribes is teh funzor.

15. AlexCA117

AlexCA117 Member

I've gotten rather bored with bf2, now Im more or less waiting for forgotten hope 2 and point of existence 2.
    As far as bf2142 is concerned ET: quake wars looks like the better futuristic shooter so far, though the demos will tell.

16. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i will get quake wars but i didnt really like enemy territory: wolf. it was fun, but the weapons seemed underpowered and i didnt like the gfx engine all too much. i can only wait for a demo.

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Quake Wars? Eeeuuuuu. John Carmack is heading that, and, uh... He's a much better engine and tech designer than he is a game designer.

Though megatexturing? Double-yew tee eff, mate? It seems like an awful idea. I don't want to have to load a 32000 by 32000 pixel texture into my RAM! That's insane!

In conclusion, Battlefield 2142 will suck.

18. Deiform

Deiform Member

Heh, now I understand what you mean, and I fully agree with you. Before I must've misinterpreted the points.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  19. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Looking forward to it.

There's supposed to be an open beta this month.

20. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

More intrested in QW:Enemy Territory tbh. :) I hated BF2, but I liked the original Battlefield 1942 a lot. Sad that they had to destroy a good game...