Some things never change: BE losing again and again...

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by R_yell, Dec 7, 2007.

1. R_yell

R_yell Member

Empires 2.0 has many good improvements, but I know how every game will end before playing it. After the initial release I had no clear idea if the same issue persisted, and yes, it's clearly there. Once the average Empires player has some experience the NF seems to be the obvious choice, and the other team is populated by noobs, mainly.

Joined 4 games this afternoon and well, the fourth one I quited after some minutes because there was no hopes to have a balanced match. It's a pity because I love the game but this issue doesn't let me enjoy it.

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Nothing can really be done about player skill :P

3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Recently I was joining NF alot due to a clan stacking on BE all the time. That clan sucked btw :p. Other than that, I don't care what team I'm on in classic maps.

4. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Yeah that was just horrible :p. Having a team full of rofflemen & sailorscouts at the beginning of a classic map round is just asking for a loss.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I havn't noticed this. at all.

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i haven't noticed much, either, and plus, what are the only differences that determine the game? the LT vs AFV and the heavies, mainly. LT is win, but x2 HE >>>>>>>>> 5 missile slots in tank combat, and i havent seen anyone actually utilizing an NF missile tank to it's full base-raping abilities yet.

but then again I've played like 4 games total.

And i believe that the new BEAR stats are a little better then the AR stats, but i'm not sure.

7. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I think just to teach newbies how to play, class selection for the first spawn (untill one dies) isn't available, and everyone starts as an engineer.

8. R_yell

R_yell Member

Hmm, I'd like to have some statistics about games lost/won by each team. I agree in the supposed minimal advantage of NF, however I lost most of my games in classic game mode as BE, as it used to be, nothing new. And the worst part is BE team never had a chance, really hard to play in those conditions.

9. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Member

I normally go roflman to go and secure an area away from the base at Com's command.

If the other team gets there, AR > SMG.

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want statistics. If you can, don't just take overall numbers, but also per map numbers so we know if the maps are balanced. I tried to do it manually but i dont play enough to get solid data.

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

Yeah I had the same experience as JCW yesterday, I kept getting auto-assigned to NF, and we kept winning. Coincidence? :D

But seriously, I see a lot of newbies say that they like BE better *cough*Psy clan*cough*. Maybe it's just more visually appealing to them or something.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

a good rifleman is absolutely brilliant to bring along with some engineers, but on his own he's not helping the team at all.

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I've seen people with heavy tanks that spewed so many missiles the BE heavy tanks didn't have a chance.

14. MrCowthing

MrCowthing Member

When ever I have a NF heavy I only put missiles on, with good armor and engines. Also it's great for carrying nukes.

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Well I like 5x ML but it's mostly a weapon against buildings. It doesn't do enough heat or it's reloading a bit too fast but it still mainly a weapon to destroy buildings.
    Railgun in BE (2 x 3 cannon slots) isn't enough to make NF heavy vs BE heavy balanced.

BUT NF meds are extremely easy to hit (BE aren't). I don't know if there's any need to fix anything - we should see more games. For example I skill stacked a lot on NF yesterday but it doesn't mean that NF is better.

16. Scikar

Scikar Member

I've seen teams stack both ways. It seems to be more a case of teams sticking than anything else. Brenodi win one round, at the end some of the NF quit, and everyone who was Bren previously rejoins Bren while NF start with less players and pick up whoever joins late, which of course favours Bren for winning the next round. I wonder if the official servers should enforce auto selecting teams perhaps? Or set the default auto balance to allow 1 extra player on a team instead of two?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  17. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

I alternate teams every map, because it does not matter what team you're on, it's all about skill. But, there's one map where balance is screwed, and thats Glycen. I've never ever seen a BE victory on 2.0. Ever.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

Glycen seems about even when you have people that don't know how to drive an LT properly. :P

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

One of the first public rounds of Glycen I watched had BE win. In testing, NF won most of the time.

20. petemyster

petemyster Member

I think newbs join the BE because they look so much cooler. I know when I go on with my friend he always choses BE cause everything about them looks so much cooler.