Some quickfix commander features

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mulon, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Mulon

Mulon Member

1) It should be possible to send direction orders directly also through the minimap, as its done in all rts games. So click unit/s on the field and clicking on the minimap the target destination, instead of going with the camera there and click the ground.

2) Some form of map signaling for the team, mainly for the commander but also for players (time limit between signaling to avoid abusive spam). Sort of 'X' signal on the map and a with a sound playing.

Neoony likes this.
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

"quickfix" ^^

Smithy likes this.
  3. Mulon

Mulon Member

3)I have to click many times on the ground before the move/attack order starts

4. Mulon

Mulon Member

4) Also, in the context of better UI, what about having the research options IN the ui itself, without opening a separate window for a bunch of clicking text.
    - To make it even more intuitive, have each research indicate with an icon what that research is for, say for bullets instead of missle or cannons and so on, and, for which vehicle that research is gonna be used. With also the above suggestion considered, would make the command interface more intuitive for new players without disengaging the battlefield view.

5. Mulon

Mulon Member

Like so emp.jpg

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

That actually doesnt look that bad.
    Would still require some descriptions, probably in the form of tooltips.
    But just to say. I dont think any dev wants to touch the current ui, unless they would make a new one. Not sure when that would be.
    I think the current ui is a mess codewise, or something like that.
    There are tons of ui ideas.

7. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

I thinking more like a civilization style research tree, where you can scroll through the whole set of researches easily and tooltip over researches without traversing a hierarchy first. Also, clicking a research with unmet pre-requisites queue's them all, and shift-clicking allows you to queue researches with distinct paths. Also, since we're making it one click to switch research paths, with no clear "hey, I want to cancel my current research and lose all progress"-button, researches should also store their progress so that you do not lose it when you switch.