So that's it then!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I'll let Samuel Taylor Coleridge describe how I feel about Empires right now:

Day after day, day after day,
    We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
    As idle as a painted ship
    Upon a painted ocean.

Water, water, every where,
    And all the boards did shrink;
    Water, water, every where,
    Nor any drop to drink.

It's been a great run guys, but I figure it's over now. In the name of reconciliation, the it seems that the current devs have lead the game towards quite possibly its greatest split. I feel that this is most definitely the end, as I cannot see how there is any possibility of the the playerbase getting its faith restored in the ability of the current devs to do what's best for Empires, both the game and the community.

Hilariously, in my view, they brought back a person who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to harm, harass and violate the privacy of players, both online and in real life. We're talking about a person who has endlessly try to contact players through their friendslist, spent the last several years besmirching the good name of many players, has contacted the real-life boss of one player, and has even gone so far as to go to Facebook to get the information of another player and call their grandmother. In the name of reconciliation, the single most divisive community "member" has been brought back against the opinion of more players than I can care to even list, not the least of which being almost every single developer over the past several years.

Really, I never gave half a flying fuck about "Blackholians", "Deeists", or any of that bullshit. What I did give a fuck about was MrDie endlessly contacting people on my friendslist to try and get at me, the amount of defamation he has thrown at me and the pain he has put many other people through. I don't give a fuck about what he has done before, all I can judge is his actions that I have seen and experienced, and they tell me that he is the vilest cretin that has ever set eyes upon this site.

At this point, I can't imagine any reason for unbanning him unless the person who did it is either mentally unstable, outright stupid, or had bad intentions from the start of it. Because there's no way that this can end well, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. And there's no going back on this one either; rebanning him isn't going to fix the damage that's been done.

So that's it then! I won't eliminate the possibility of me posting again (I know myself well enough to not say that I'm leaving and never coming back), but I don't think there's anything left for me here anymore, and I'd imagine that goes for a number of other players here too. I wish all of you the best of luck in your adventures to come, both on- and off-line. I hope you all have great lives, all of you are some of the best damn people I've ever had the pleasure of playing a game with. Empires has been my home for a number of years, so I don't know where I'll go from here. Maybe I'll just quit video games (ha). Maybe in the future, an Empires 2 will come out and we'll all get back together for some good 9-mining, squad reviving, lolforting and whatever else.

Anyway, I'll let Samuel Taylor Coleridge describe how I figure things will go from here on out now:

One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
    Too quick for groan or sigh,
    Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
    And cursed me with his eye.

Four times fifty living men,
    (And I heard nor sigh nor groan)
    With heavy thump, a lifeless lump,
    They dropped down one by one.

Peace out; I'll see you on the other side.

P.S., If any of you try to post in here with your "DEEEEEEEISTSSSSSSS!" or "BLAAAAAAAAAAAAACKHOOOOOOOOOLE!" or USSR-esque names for whatever, I'm just deleting your post. Save your time and mine too.

complete_, Drag0wn, Z100000M and 3 others like this.
  2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Basically this.
    Vote of no confidence.

3. 101010

101010 Member

So you didn't like it when people was talking about the way you did things when you was developing..Then you turn around and do the same to Catface..Come on bro..really. Current devs are working on making this mod better then it would have ever been with you.
    Why even com back on the forums just to stir shit up ?

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

You shut your filthy whorebmouth and Leave Candles alone.

vipervicki likes this.
  5. Catface

Catface Member

I'm not spotting this anywhere really... Also, that is a complete misrepresentation of what happened back then. But I think we already made two threads on that before.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Can I just quote mrdie real quick
    "None of it can be substantiated "

fucking lol

GG catface I think you and mr die actually succeeded in your mission: killing of empires and making this entire forum a place where you guys can circle jerk about the deeist demise and fascist analogies comparing candles to mussolini or some shit.

A-z-K likes this.
  7. Paradox

Hey look another puppet of mr die.

Candles isnt critisizing the developing part, hes critisizing catface splitting up the community with the mrdie unban

8. Paradox

Mrdie just drew this picture of you candles
    http://imgur.com/C2KkJMg

I think thats ban worthy

"
    "

9. Neoony

Neoony Member

GGs

A-z-K likes this.
  10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I've been silent through all this BUT DON'T DISRESPECT CANDLES!

11. Catface

Catface Member

That picture is years old and from what I remember not even drawn by D...

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Everyone loves Candles

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You morons confused BigTeef with Candles.

14. Paradox

In all honesty Im quite intrigued about all these random party names you come up with

blackholians, red partisan army, deeist clique, communist party of the blackhole, could you draw me a family tree of how they relate to one another?

15. 101010

101010 Member

It's kind of the same thing. As lead developer Catface is in charge of everything and the forums are on his server.
    So no one really has a right to decide who he allows in here. Candles coming in here after months of no activity just to post about how it's going to be impossible to restore faith in the current developers is bullshit and is him just stirring things up.

People getting worked up over things that happened in in the past.Most of it almost 10 years ago..Just let it go
    I am sure if anything happens that requires a ban. It will happen.
    Speaking of 10 years ago. If a thread like this was made back then. Krenzo would have banned the people complaining about the developers. ~This isn't a democracy~

lol

16. Catface

Catface Member

I disagree. Candles is one of the last people I would suspect of doing something like that. Like everyone else here, he has the right to speak his mind and offer his perspective. Even if he disagrees with me. Same goes for Paradox and others.

Well, I'm different.

17. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

I mean he's spent the last decade using underhanded and malicious tactics to try to become relevant again. But I never thought I would see the day when someone would actually fall for his horseshit.

I guess today is that day. You finally found someone who you can manipulate. Bravo.

Neoony likes this.
  18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Ha-ha, that's the best joke I've heard this month.

This game does not have a single owner, even Krenzo shouldn't say he owns everything.

I'll just assume that you are trolling around and I am telling you it's not a good time.

Neoony likes this.
  19. Neoony

Neoony Member

More like "in charge of retards" , after this.

20. Neoony

Neoony Member

wtf, tell that to Mrdie, hes the one who cant let go

you got it all backwards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.