So, let's talk about ramps.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PwnedYoAss, May 27, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Lol you litterally cannot destroy walls if equal ammount of engineers are repairing it look at every real chokepoint map ever

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

With engineers alone, no you can't. But with tanks it's now fairly easy to break through walls at a choke point.
    Arguably the best change Security made. (Because I requested it)

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Nope, you didn't request that.
    I came up with the idea of nerfing walls to reduce late game stalemate, I asked quite a few guys and I think somewhere in our discussion you requested that walls need to take more damage from direct hit, which I turned down because it's too tricky.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I'm pretty sure the thread was opened after we had a discussion about it. But doesn't matter, at least now we have bearable walls.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I dunno if it's been said yet, but what's stopping someone from putting a ramp against an enemy wall and just running past it? Something tells me that's faster then just destroying the wall somehow, with the added bonus of it being a tad harder for the enemy team to plug right back up. I suppose if it's commander only drop this isn't a problem, but if it's just to get out of walled in places gates make way more sense. People can get stuck or drop off mid way on the ramp and accidentally flip a heavy, harder to do with gates.

On the general sense I'm gonna say the same thing I did last thread this came up with, I expect it to break several maps in very unfun ways. Which is why I'm against it, and why again mr x is right and if you just want to escape defenses gates make more sense. Personally I kinda like the bit of risk of having to have something open to get things in and out of, though gates and things would be nice to help deal with apc rushes because i know my team can't at all. Not like it helps in open maps though, so I dunno.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I would support gates, if the current developers knew how to make gates and had somebody who can model it. Vs ramps we already have assets for.
    Unless you are just going rip an asset from a map and make it build-able via com menu, then im all for it.

7. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Hm. I was definitely thinking more offensive ramps but I think you guys are right. Would likely break the game pretty hard. Seems like a thing that you need to design the whole game around.

Xyaminou likes this.