So apparently Empires now has a ragequit button

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by LordDz_2, May 1, 2016.

1. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Pressing F10 instantly closes the game.

So...

Why was this implemented? :)

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

and you rebinding it does nothing... and half of the .cfg files are completely broken and so many other bugs... welcome to Empires

3. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

The current game is so hostile towards new players. 1) Engineers are fodder for riflemen, 2) Tanks suck, are difficult to drive and armor is uber weak. I limit my list to two because I don't want to spend all day listing the items that have made the game less fun to play.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

i think f10 is just a source thing right?

Wait do people really think armor is weak? Or is the gold standard tank old compo and everyone thinks of that as their dream tank? Feels easier to kill a tank in battlefield then in empires a lot of times...and as some of us found out recently that's no picnic either...

5. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Not to mention hitting F10 quits the game. (???)

Also yeah I've accidentally bumped F10 before and it quit the game for me, but that was some time ago.

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

F10 has been a thing since CSS guys. It's totally a source thing as Lazybum says.

Regarding armour...I drove a comp BE med with 4 layers and it felt decent. Not sure how rough and tough it's been lately, but it didn't just fold. That being said I think some combinations strip fully loaded heavy's pretty quickly since some people were just getting pwned after running into some fire. Might just need a readjustment period though.

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Pretty sure this is a css thing for techs gaming at work.

8. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

The issue with the armor is a mix of it being weakened, and engines being so unresponsive, and engines now having no torque. Gas used to have some decent torque - but it has been nerfed along with every other engine. So there are times an NF tank gets bumped and you literally sit there trying to move or turn and decide - bye bye heavy. BE - want to kill NF tanks easily - just bump them in front.

BE tanks are more responsive - so you lose less. NF tanks are too long, and turn like shit.

As for F10 - is that really an issue? I mean what key is near F10 that you hit it accidentally? I haven't programmed F9-F12 so maybe there is something, that doesn't bother me. Also it's great for trolling nubs. "PRESS F10 for quick tank repair!" lol

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

F12 is for screenshots, that could be a problem. Or they have a mouse like mine and I rebound a couple of them to f10 and f11 thinking I never use these keys...derp.

What are you talking about with engines? It's been the same for a long ass time. It might have changed back in like 2.4 simply because it doesn't mention patch changes that version, 4 years ago, but nothing recent has changed tank handling. It's always just sucked.

10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

It's just that I just found out about it last week. I've played this game for years+++ and only now I find out about it? Cheers.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

f10 used to be fixed by mootant by hardcoding the f10 button to a hardware call iirc, someone seems to have gotten rid of his fix lol