SMG now worthless?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Jonat, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Jonat

Jonat Member

Yeah, i'm gonna get shot down. But i'm gonna say my opinion and hope someone pays enough attention to give a shit. :D

I returned happily to 2.2(2?) to find glee in knowing that engis could no longer use MGs/MLs as cover from explosives (which makes sense), and riflemen finally took their place as the infantry pwners they are. But then i noticed something. I could put a full clip at nearly blank range into someone and still need to pop them with a few shots of my pistol to kill them. Infact, it's not unheard of to use the pistol as the primary damage dealer in a firefight. Make sense? Not to me either.

Don't get me wrong, i know the SMGs were overpowered before, but now they just seem to destroy their own class with being so horrendeously useless. So, here's hoping a balance between what it used to be and what it is now is achieved.

Commando out.

2. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

SMG's are still snipe guns... you thought SMGs are meant to be used in close ranges?

3. Sirex

Sirex Member

The SMG2 is overpowered so i don't really know where you are coming from.

4. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Eh, considering the ammo reduction, the fact that sometimes SOMETIMES, at close range the SMG2 refuses to kill someone. I think the SMGs are fine as they are except the SMG1 could use a bit of an accuracy nerf.

5. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

SMGs are fine, altough the SMG1 needs to be nerfed a little.

SMGs are used for close range combat only. Stop arugeing about being pwned by Rifleman, Rifleman are anti-infantry. Engineers are not supposed to be involved in any kind of combat.

Now stop whining about it T_T

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Due to the changes, you can't use the SMGs in the same way as in 2.12. I've found quick, burst fire to be much better than auto-unloading an entire clip. Just focus on making sure every bullet hits rather then spraying and praying and you will be fine.

7. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

i miss 2.12 smgs... they were fun.

8. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Right now I feel that the smg's are fine, if you don't fight. Smgs' deadlyness is based on lucky headshots more than ever before. If I want kills, I place a lvl3 turret and go get myself a cup of coffee and enjoy the show.

I don't mind the roll off, but the accuracy is something terrible.. They're supposed to be somekind of super humans with integrated nanotechnological devices or genetic manipulation in them, and yet they can't do steady and accurate weaponry, or just can't use them.

I use smg's as single shot weapons, if I have to use them.

9. Morcam

Morcam Member

SMG 1 is fine. You just have to fire it in bursts. It's also useful if you run in and spray someone in the face. You can kill someone in half a clip if you shoot right. SMG 2, on the other hand, has way too much cof expansion to be useful, even at short ranges.

10. Sirex

Sirex Member

lol learn to use weapons. Smg 2 is the best weapon in game right now. Two shoots burst at medium range kills anybody,

Learn to play.

11. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

If you want accuracy and killing, go play rifleman.