Small Scout ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by o_O, Aug 8, 2009.

1. o_O

o_O Member

So I have some ideas for the scout. Obviously fix by removing and a dramatic overhaul are out, which means the scout is going to be fixed by giving them a useful function other then sapping mah sentrys.

I'm posting all this together because they are really 4 different changes that synergize into 1 idea. Also, I know 2 and 4 were not invented by me, and the others may have been suggested before.

1 - buff hide, probably by having it so you stay cloaked when you shoot or run, but it drains your stamina bar (FAST). Alternatively, allow people to move but not shoot cloaked.

2 - make enchanted senses able to see hidden scouts better, as in, you can plainly see them yet are able to tell they are hidden. This would counter buffed hide, and make it less of a PITA to find the scout sabbing your base. Hopefully this would also make ES an ability people would actually consider using.

3- Make scouts able to sab enemy vehicles, doing NO damage over time, but do some hull damage and heat and maybe slow movement speed (which I guess hull damage and heat would do automatically). Exact effects could be anything, so long as its not substantial damage and does contribute to other people killing the tank. Clearly this would work well with buffed hide and sticky stuns, but even both together wouldn't have any killing power, it would just be support. Compare the power of a sticky stun and sabbing a tank to the power of a rifleman just running up, pasting on 2 stickies and killing it and its still way underpowered. Scout still cant kill tanks, this just allows them to provide support for other people to do it.

4 - make scouts by default able to see which teammates are targeted by the enemy comm (including themselves). Maybe a little red ! or target sign over them. This lets you know whether that tank your looking to sticky stun knows where you are hiding or not. Also is just a nice little information warfare thing that would be cool for the scout to have. Could be useful knowing what the enemy knows and whether they have a fail comm or not.

2. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Sabbing a vehicle is a good concept, but we already have stun stickies for that

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I lol'd.

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Hide should be like the Cloak and Dagger. The more you shoot, the faster you move, the more your stamina drains.