Sins of a Solar Empire

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by decemberscalm, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Really fun game and was really easy to get into. Currently played a large map with a friend against the computer and we've taken over almost half the system :)

Good thin you can save multiplayer games :D

2. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I'd buy it but I really don't need more digital crack in my life right now thankyouverymuch.

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Anyone feel like playing a game or two over hamachi?

4. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Its games like these that are making table top warfare obselete in all aspects. The update was very quick and efficient. You can turn pirates off among other things. I'm going to miss killing several dozen plants extremely fast with a mere handful of siege frigates. Genocide could never have been more fun.

5. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

The demo comes out in march.

Not sure whether to buy it off the bat though

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Holy crap.

I'm building my own little empire, minding my own business till this red guy decides it might be funny to attack a planet with a dreadnought. I kill his little dinky with a battleship and some good old light frigate spam and go and assimilate his empire. The best he could field were two battlecruisers and some light frigates to defend his home planet. Pretty sad.

So I'm gaily assimilating his little plot of space, bombing some dead end planets for security, I notice a blue battleship in one of the asteroid belts. I wasn't in an alliance with the guy, so I figure it would be easy pickings. I jump with defense fleet including a battleship of my own in blast his ass somewhat with my railgun and he jumps to a wormhole next to my capital planet. I give chase.

The scene however was quite different. Sitting there was a freaking invasion fleet. A zillion frigates, a load of command/carrier/robot cruisers, 3 battleships and two battlecruisers. Next to my capital planet.

Oh shit...

I hightail the battleship back to my capital planet, frantically churn out more missile and light frigates to bolster my other defense fleet which consisted of a battlecruiser and some light frigates. For the rest two hangars with fighter/bomber support some gauss guns and a repair bay.

I relay my carrier and invasion fleets from the red campaign and risk pulling back my defensive fleet at the purple border. That should put the odds in my favor, save for time.

In the mean time the enemy fleets jumps at my capital planet.

I put my fleets next to the repair bay and target a battleship, focussing all fire on it. Crazy shit happens, frigates and squadrons everywhere, siege frigates start bombing my planet. Everything is flashing red.

My fleets are slowly phase jumping toward their destination when I notice a white presence at one of my asteroid colonies. A freaking pirate invasion! Luckily it's in the travel path of the other fleets, so I set the slowest fleet to enter the colony and hope the place won't be floored when my other fleets pass through. and join the fray at my capital.

Back at the capital my fleet has gotten one of the battleships to half hull, but my poor battlecruiser died (got 4 levels in the meantime). My battleship plus fleet keep up the fire and hope it'll survive. Once the fleet left purple purgers showed up., but my guns and hangars could kill them easy.

Then my carrier fleet arrives at the capital planet and starts kicking ass. Another battleship goes pop. They decide it's time to leave and try to escape. Good thing I have phase inhibitors. The last of the enemy battleships is in the red when it jumps, but the support fleet is still bumbling about and a heap of frigates and cruisers blow up.

The battleship fleet I left at the colony has killed off most of the pirates and I send it into the path the enemy fleet is retreating to the blue zone. I intercept the damaged battleship and kill it just before it phased jumped.

I managed to beat back the biggest invasion yet, but I still have 8 other opponents to worry about. I'll have to keep an eye on that wormhole and keep more reserves at my capital planet. It looks like blue is gunning for me.

I hope I can keep my fleet up and keep blue and purple at bay while I assimilate red.

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

This is something you will need

[​IMG]

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I just got rocked