Show player res useage

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by o_O, Jul 3, 2009.

1. o_O

o_O Member

Somewhere (probly on the tab screen) there should be a column that shows how many res each player has spent. This would only be visible to the players own team. And specs, probably.

Benifits
    1) Encourage people to not waste tanks, and not hog all the res. Keeping that number low would be visible to everyone and add social pressure to retreat and repair instead of suiciding. When 1 person is using twice as much res as anyone else without killing more, clearly they are causing the team a problem. Showing that to everyone would help them budget their vehicles more carefully and let other people have build stuff. If they don't, the commander and team would demand they be more careful or not build anymore.

2) Encourage new or team oriented players to build tanks. Seeing a big fat 0 next to their name when everyone else has spent thousands would encourage these players to try out vehicles when money is available. Players who care about their team are exactly the people we want in vehicles anyway.

3) Reward team oriended people for keeping their tanks alive, not just kills. There is always someone who keeps a light tank alive the whole game, and they deserve to be recognized for that. Everyone else should be able to see that they got the score they did while using only 500 res.

4) Informational purposes. If the commander was included it would show the overall costs of setting up bases and research. The team could see who is using resources the most efficiently and who is playing infantry the whole game.

5) Make raging at tank wasters or booting griefers more quantitative and easier to spot.

Downsides:
    -doesn't show how much they have actually accomplished with those res (points sortof do). Could cause rage against people who are turning alot of res into alot of dead enemies.

-punishes the people making spawn acps for the team. Then again, spawn apc drivers have an obligation to be careful.

-doesn't show how much res a player has gotten for the team.

-work

-clutter on the tab screen

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

yes. a must for finding them damn res whores!

3. communism

communism poof

I don't like it. When I join a game where I know nobody on my team I end up being around middle placed but yet winning the game...since I do some random shit that doesn't give alot of the points, yet we end up winning towards it.

Kind of the same concept, I'm the only one buildings tanks on my team and defending yet...being out gunned I have -8000 resources so people look at me like an idiot,
    This seems like an e-peen suggestions...OMG OMG I PLAYED RIFLEMANS ALL GAMES I WANT PPLS TO KNOW I WAS NVR IN TANK

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The only people who care about your e-penis is you. If you don't care, others won't (shouldn't..).

This could be used to point out griefers anyways.

5. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I don't really see this discouraging tank driving, I also don't see this being of much help other than causing the comm to gnash his teeth at emp_recruit with a res score of over 8000. So you got someone that spent a lot of res and didn't score any points with it, then what? You gonna lock the vf when you see him approach it?

The only use I see this having is kinda what communism said, though less strawmannish, people will compare scores and res spent after the match. It's not a bad suggestion, but it won't do anything about res black holes on it's own.

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Some things would include restricting the VF to people who have a res score over 6000, etc.

7. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

There's people that use a lot of res and then there's people that use a lot of res and make it work for the team. It's not doable to automate vf filtering, just give the comm the ability to lock the jerks and morons out while leaving it open for everyone else.

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I can sorta see this being a problem the way communism said. You end up with nobody in the team but you getting into a tank when it's needed, everyone else dicking around as scouts or riflemen when it's too late in the game for that to help... and then when the team loses they yell at you because you were the only person spending res.

TBH, wasting res is less of a problem than people make it out to be. I find more games are lost because my team isn't spending res when they should be. How often do you find yourself screaming "WE HAVE 5K RES GET IN TANKS PPL" and then losing when they buy tanks too late?

OTOH, smarter players could turn it around -- why haven't you spent any res? If the game reaches a point where everyone should be in a tank, the comm can yell at people who haven't spent any res to go get in a tank.

And honestly, how often do you see people yelled at for their C/D ratios, even when you lose by tickets? So overall, I think that this would be a good idea, and I don't think anyone is likely to get yelled at for losing tanks...

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Only make it available to the commander and I would support it.

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Well there ya go, I like that AND I also like the idea to lock specific people outa VF too.