Shot pistol needs balanced

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wealthysoup, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Nerf the NF shot pistol?

1. Yes-Its the definition of "overpowered"

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No-Fine is it is

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

The shot pistol, setup as it is totally ruins close quarters maps (*cough* crossroads *cough*). I havnt seen BE win in a long time, and I also havnt seen the teams being fair after the first 5 minutes of the game.

The reason? NF players take the shot pistol, pretty much guaranteed 2 shots to kill with very little accuracy penalty due to the "buckshot". Leading to complete domination of the centre of the map for NF.

Understandably weapons shouldnt be balanced around just one map although in its current form there is pretty much no weapon that can beat the shot pistol in one on one CQB, and even mid distance shootouts with someone carrying the shotty are risky.

In my opinion this either needs a slower fire rate or much more spread, preferably both. Also in its current form BE pistol 2 is sh*t although I see there are balance changes made to this in the upcoming patch.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

BE Pistol 2 has been changed for the next patch, the movement penalties to it were removed.

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yes i know.... still wont bring it close to the killing power of the shotty

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I voted that the shotty pistol needs to be rebalanced, but I do not believe that it is currently overpowered. It's a weapon with a high skill ceiling, and personally think that the greatest issue with it is that it simply has too long of a range. It's possible to "snipe" with the shotty pistol at a range of about 1.5 barracks lengths for 30-40 damage, which is honestly a bit stupid. I would like to see the shotty pistol have an increased damage falloff.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I forget, how many shells can you load at a time?

6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

yeah, but you consider 2 shots in 1 sec (or whatever), what other gun can kill a player that quickly and from anything from short to moderate range. I agree that it should be powerful, but if its that powerful you shouldnt be able to shoot that far with it.

Play crossroads as BE and you will understand

7. Fishstick

Fishstick Member

??????

Shotpistol OP on Crossroads? This is why you have HE grenades.

Release nao.

8. Trickster

I'm going to say it to try and commit myself.

Patch ETA 1 week.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

*voted overpowered*
    I played a crossroads round 3 days ago as BE, and I used around 20 tickets.
    Like half of them were from NF shotty.
    We still won that round but that's not the point.
    The enemy simply carried my health from *insert some high value here* directly to -500 in 0.3 second.

Pistol, as a secondary weapon, shouldn't deserve this kind of power, no matter how much skill you need to use it well (it's not even much, lol).

10. Reznov

Reznov Member

Ah great, it will probably be reverted to a "2 shots to kill" pistol again. Now I will have to use the boring ass pistol 1 cuz people butthurt about shot pistols power. :(

I can't wait for Nerfpires, where you have to shoot people atleast 10 times with any weapon to kill them because that is "skilled".

Urgh, you guys and your balance issues just completely ruin this game's fun factor.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I miss peashooters.

12. BroT

BroT Member

Because you're a BE fag... you never play NF.

*grabs popcorn*

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Ultimate solution.
    Also, fuck popcorn.

14. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Even though I never go outside Engineer on any faction I think that the gun is fine the way it is.

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

From a balancing perspective, it does make sense that a shotgun pistol should take at least 2 shots to kill, being a sidearm and not a primary weapon.

From a fun perspective, there are few things I enjoy more than headshotting people with it.

In the end, as long as I can take people out with a single close-range headshot, I don't really care. I only use it in close quarters anyway.

16. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

How do you define fun in this case? Getting an empty feeling easy kill or being killed instantly by a weapon in any part of a map that isn't a large open field?

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

The sidearm of one team's anti vehicle class is op. Solution? Make the sidearm of the other team's anti vehicle class op.

Why don't we just rename the mod, "Call of Empires"?

18. Reznov

Reznov Member

... not this again.

Of course dieing in a game isn't fun you maniac. Getting killed by melee upgrade grenadiers isn't fun. Dieing to a nuke tank as infantry isn't fun. Getting blown up to shreds by 2 UGL APC's while you are inside a barracks isn't fun. Having to go through a concussion spam-fest just to get killed by HMG/Mortar campers isn't fun. Do I have to keep going with this?

Also, no, you don't die with one shot from middle range except the grenadier/rifleman is prone and you are shooting at an engineer/scout with 100hp. If you cannot take out a shotgun pistol wielding grenadier/rifleman from middle range (without any kind of cover for both) with your primary, you just fucking suck.

If you complain about shotgun pistol being able to 1shot someone in close combat situations then cry me a god damn river. We have mortars, melee upgrade, burst fire/HMG rifleman and they probably take even LESS skill to use. Also shotgun pistol can only take out 2 people MAX, don't forget the long ass reload time. Not to mention shotgun pistol is only good for close combat, therefore it's a secondary ONLY useful for those kind of situations.

I don't know what your guys problem is with the shotgun pistol, I imagine getting killed by it is maddening but there is no reason why it is OP. I would rather nerf HMG or NFAR.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  19. Trickster

Shotty pistol is fine. People just mad.

20. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Shot pistol is fine, it's meant to be powerful. But so is BE pistol 2, too bad it's complete shit though. Lousy rate of fire and weak damage. Also it should kill with one bullet to the head at point-blank range, but right now it takes 2-3.