Server Plugin: UMC for Empires

Discussion in 'General' started by CyberKiller, Jul 1, 2014.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

this....
    Epic com sky diving too.

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

i feel like this should be moved under community content, so it doesnt get buried under shit topics.

question on the plugin: is there anyway to remove the spam that generates when a map doesnt reach the majority votes and the subsequent incoming vote notifier. as it stands, it comes out something like this:

Vote Failed. Majority not reached
    New vote coming in 5 seconds
    New vote coming in 4 seconds
    New vote coming in 3 seconds
    New vote coming in 2 seconds
    New vote coming in 1 seconds

each of these takes half a second to display taking in total 5 seconds and its kinda annoying. and after the map is chosen it changes to it after another 5 seconds. cut this out alltogether and you can eliminate a good 10 seconds from the end of the round (and keep players from leaving

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Oh, yeah, the issues that it has on EPIC, at least:

1) The amount of time between the map ending and the vote starting is a bit long. I also feel that the time-out for the vote can be cut shorter because of how much less is happening.

2) The run-off vote only prunes a single map from the voting list, instead of all but two, which defeats the purpose, especially considering how it doubles the length of a mapvote to have a run-off.

3) The spam in chat isn't really needed because people don't need forewarning that the vote is going to happen.

4. 101010

101010 Member

Why not change it so only 1 vote is required?
    Kind of rate all maps so if 2 tie for votes the higher rated gets picked.

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I went into epic server today to see how the end of round mapvote worked.
    IMO 20 seconds is a long time to wait after the cv is destroyed, then the vote comes up, then you wait for results, no map won the vote so another vote comes up....wait for results.........
    I don't see the point in having to wait 20 seconds for the first vote.
    My suggestion would be the mapvote comes up within 2-3 seconds 5 at the most after the cv is destroyed. the quicker the map changes the better IMO.

But so far I am partial to the mapvote coming up right after spawning

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

doesnt it let you set the wait time? i do agree, waiting more then 5s is a complete waste of time ...

... maybe at first some will miss a vote, but after a couple of days everyone will have memorized it.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I haven't been on EPIC server in a while, but 20 seconds is a long time so I'll agree with that. Cutting it to 5 seconds, having a 10 second vote, 5 second vote, 5 second run-off vote, 5 seconds for server to get shit together for a mapchange would result in 30 seconds at the end of the round. It's like 20 by default so 30 isn't the end of the world.

8. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

The first 2 ones are just config options, I will change them to 5 seconds and 2 maps.
    I will think about the third one, modifying the code in umc-core is a bit of a PITA.
    I reduced the vote time to 15 seconds as well.

I also fixed the threshold for run off votes not being configured correctly (was 17, should have been 0.18 lol), you shouldn't see the run off vote every time now.

It's 40 seconds by default, mp_chattime gets doubled for some reason...
    With the changes I made above, the end of round time should be around 30 seconds most of the time unless a run-off vote occurs.
    If people have too shorter attention span to even wait 30 seconds without quitting the game then they obviously don't really want to play anyway.

Run-off vote length isn't independently configurable, it's just the same length as the normal vote.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  9. Neoony

Neoony Member

just hoping we are still gonna be able to kill ourselves after it switches from dead cv view

xD

cause thats one of the "only in empires" thing xD

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

dont know if this is still on, but i saw this
    [UMC] Map Voting has finished. The next map will be emp_crossroads. (Received 40 percent of 5 votes)

40 isnt that much of a majority

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Think of a pie chart, which ever map has a higher percentage has majority.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

No that's a plurality.

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

He probably meant after the first vote finished and you are left with 2 choices. The second vote I mean. Which is weird, but I remember this happening a bunch of times, even in vipers server where it's at the beginning.

14. VAMPIR

VAMPIR Member

Good day to all, if an updated version of the UMC? The recently released update 2.14 Released and the plugin stopped working normally. After map change the server crashes.

15. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

It's not the plugin, it's a bug in 2.14.3 and it is fixed, we're just waiting for it to be released.

By the way someone should really either continue Cyberkiller's plugin or make a pull request on the main UMC github for compatibility with Empires.
    Whatever TheCreeper's pull request is supposed to do, it's not working.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Neoony likes this.
  16. VAMPIR

VAMPIR Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes it would be nice that someone made a good plugin. I have not been in the Empire and the game I really like I'll pull people into the Empire.

17. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Cyberkiller's version works fine in the meantime but it still throws errors and lack some of the functionality added in the latest versions of UMC and compatibility with the most recent UMC addons.

18. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Just thought I should chime in here if anyone wants to fork and work on this plugin or make a new pull request and the main UMC repo; I also made some changes to umc-core.sp and umc-randomcycle.sp to fix a couple of issues (I can't remember what they fixed) when I made the umc empires plugin. See this commit to look at the diffs.
    There was also the original map vote plugin that only worked at the start of map that Coffeeburrito wrote: I added it to the repo if anyone wants to look at it too.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Neoony and Xyaminou like this.
  19. VAMPIR

VAMPIR Member

The plugin is not compiled, the compiled plugin to download?

20. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

The EmpChooser plugin by coffeeburritio?
    Compilation is easy, just drag EmpChooser.sp onto spcomp.exe in \addons\sourcemod\scripting the plugin should appear in that folder.
    Alternatively, put EmpChooser.sp in \addons\sourcemod\scripting then run compile.exe to compile everything then you should find the plugins in the compiled folder.
    If EmpChooser.sp doesn't compile then try this one that might work with newer versions of UMC.
    If you want the emp-mapvote plugin I made than a compiled plugin link is in the original post.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017