Semiautomatic Shotguns For Scouts Only (download example provide)

Discussion in 'General' started by Spike, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

I think it would be great if the scout had a semi auto variant of the shotgun with slightly reduced damage but a faster fire rate to make the scout more interesting to play. I have even provided an example below put the models files in \Empires\empires\models\imperial\weapons\v\imp_shotgun\ and the script file in \Empires\empires\scripts\ then load the game (the you should just have to put the files in empires\Empries\ and overwrite everything. The only thing you need to add this is add two other weapons into the game code as well as the necessary script files etc etc etc etc if you did want to that is.

I think this would be a great addition to the scout class. And make him more interesting to play. If you want an example of how the shotgun would be in game please download the link below and follow the instructions on how to install it above. Please not this is for the BE shotgun only i could do the other NF shotgun as well as.

The script and model (this is only an example the fire animation is abit jerky but it works)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thaj8msi687kh5x/Semiauto shotgun files spike.zip?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Why are we trying to make scout a battle class again, like what you guys did with assault.

Makes no sense, you are running in a fucking circle again

also dont buff scout for god sakes, leave it to die

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Assault was probably the best interpretation of the class I've seen over the years.

flasche likes this.
  4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, assault was nice because it made it easier to actually run around the frontlines being effective scout instead of useless scout. Though it still has that 20% bullet resist, so it honestly hasn't changed since becoming assault outside of losing that fun autoshotty/assault lmg.

Honestly wouldn't mind a few more weapons in empires, but pump actions tend to lose to autos all the time and that makes me sad. Pump action so satisfying.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Can't just keep throwing changes at this game peicemeal or none of them will work. But I did like assault.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

so instead of 1 class that rapes infantry and all noobs complain about, you wanna make 2 classes that rape infantry? Good idea

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

"Noobs" complain about a lot of things, most importantly stacks. I don't recall too many people complaining about riflemen being crazy strong against infantry. The only complaining person that comes to my mind is Mr. X.

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Yes stack is real.

But I often see people complain about stack when it's like both teams are full of vets and one complains just cause one wants an excuse for playing shit and not teamworking with others.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

That sometimes happens too, but it takes a vet to know a vet ;)