see through models after constant lag induced fuckups and more ...

Discussion in 'Support' started by flasche, Apr 16, 2012.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

this all happend on viper yesterday. it started with me lagging for 15s - or just enough to not get dropped - each 10-20minutes or so.

then the first fuckup started - i blamed the map ...
    [​IMG]

when i comm'd on homeland i kept dropping with "ERROR: reliable snaphsot overflow" as soon as i got in the be cv (it seems this happend to others aswell, and a little research said its because of too many entities or a poorly optimized map). at the end i even dropped in spec.

i restarted steam, checked my heat and whatnot, seemed all cool on my side (also my computer is more then decent enough to run empires)

this at least die let me stay in spec on homeland and as said before i blamed the map and the fact that viper is in the US - as euro you are used to a bit of lag ...

then we played slaughtered (a nice game btw, it wasnt stacked and i fucked up research a bit at start and we still won) and it lagged again but then the cv started to act VERY strange. i couldnt go to comm mode, i couldnt even drive it and whats worse, i couldnt get out of it other then killing myself. too bad this first happend when i stood on that concrete thing in south on BE side (weve been BE).
    additionally buildings, players and vehicles kept disappearing and coming back randomly. minimap was fucked up (fucked up as in not showing anything like on the pic below) - finally i had a glorious ctd with "hl2.exe stopped working" (nothing new actually)

then next map this happend
    [​IMG]

last was fixed by a reconnect and i didnt have the other issues anymore either (though i forcefully had to reconnect about 10-20times in the meanwhile, i even restared steam 4-5x). they all happend when viper was full, which might be the issue.

any clue if its a problem on my side an can be fixed by me or do i have to hope that it just doesnt happen anymore. ive never had empires behave that weird before ...

edit:
    ive also just noticed it created a single crashdump, prolly from hl2.exe crashing on slaughtered (or homeland i cant remember anymore), do u want that or do u get that via steam anyway?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/331067/empires/hl2_4104_crash_2012_4_15T22_3_21C0.mdmp

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

more info would be nifty.
    please post your dxdiag report in code.

are you playing on a wifi connection?
    are you using an AMD/ATI card to play empires? what driver version is in use?
    have you checked free space on your C: drive and also RAM, swapfile, fragmentation?
    start a local game cheat yourself a dozen armories and look if they also have missing walls and if comm-bugs are present.
    pm beerdude and or marcin regarding your crashdump.

3. flasche

its all good again today, ima post dxdiag later have to leave now. and no, its not wifi (and i would know how to stop the wifi lags each minute, you only need to turn of the service that searches for wifi)

edit:
    oh well it was fast anyway. its also too long to post here but it opens in browser anyway -> [noparse]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/331067/empires/DxDiag.txt[/noparse]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  4. w00kie

kk, just so you know:
    weird model problems and errors are not uncommon for players on wifi.
    I've seen such weird shit before on this forum, but that was years ago and had to do with problematic wifi connection and therefore packetloss.

Another thing that can happen to everyone on AMD/ATI-cards are bugging out drivers. :headshot:

5. flasche

but you see no issues with them drivers either, do you?
    its mainly the issue with not being able to control the cv at all that bugs me.
    and posting from the phone sucks :D

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Imo just ban Flasche for cheating.

7. flasche

bc im the archetype of a cheater :D

8. w00kie

My opinion on AMD/ATI gfx cards: they are
    wtf my netbook accu is empty fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

9. flasche

its nvidia ...

10. w00kie

[​IMG]

^that's what I got on district on vipers, that just is in the map.

11. flasche

thats kinda relieving, everything that doesnt mean i have to reinstall something is very welcome :D