Salvo ML does not shoot all its missiles in one click and...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xyaminou, May 5, 2017.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

...when you shoot your cannon (LMB) it shoots 1 missile of salvo ML if you've already fired salvo ML (RMB) but it still has missiles loaded.

video later...

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Lalaland likes this.
  2. Silk

Silk Mapper

I might have that problem, or something similar.
    When i drive around with a tank with both a cannon (weapon group 1) and missiles (group 2), when i fire the ML it would shoot one missile, and when i then switch to the cannon and fire it another missile would fire as well.

Lalaland likes this.
  3. Lalaland

Lalaland (AKA Nemoster)

Thank you very much for the bug report. I believe I tracked down the issue of the cannon causing the salvo ML to fire and this should be fixed in the next release. (I'll probably ping both of you when it is in so I can make sure that I fixed this bug and not some other unrelated bug).

Mr. X, the one thing I am confused about is your desired behavior for the Salvo ML. The current behavior is that it keeps firing as long as you have the button pressed You want it to fire all the missiles even when you let go of the button?

4. Ranger

Ranger Member

What? I've always clicked my salvo once to shoot all my missiles. When did this change?

5. Lalaland

Lalaland (AKA Nemoster)

Ranger, as far as I can tell from change logs, there have been no changes to this logic for at least 3 years. The real question here is what behavior do we actually want.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I believe the intended behavior is to fire all the missiles after a single tap of the mouse.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It is keep firing while button is pressed, but putting a negative value in the scripts for cycle time causes it to keep firing until it can't, either from no ammo or maxing out on heat. That's how it's currently set up for any salvo weapons so they fire off on a single tap.

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Even though this is a bug, I think it's "not necessarily bad" that you can control exactly how much missiles you want to fire from your salvo.

Maybe we can rework it into an actual feature like this :
    Tap the mouse button twice => Unload all missiles like before.
    Hold the mouse button => fire the missile one by one until you let go the mouse button.

9. Lalaland

Lalaland (AKA Nemoster)

I'm not the greatest fan of the tap the mouse button twice idea. It's really easy to accidentally trigger (how do you tell if it was one tap vs two taps, etc).

I don't really care too much about the tap to fire or hold to fire distinction. We just need to come to a consensus.