Rumors About Banning-Don't believe them

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vipervicki, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

It came to my attention there is a rumor going around that I plan on banning vets on NUBS who are considered toxic.
    I don't know who started this rumor but it is not based on any facts.

All that was said was we will silence players for 5-10 minutes who non stop complain, insult and attack players and admins which causes drama and interferes with gameplay.
    Lift the silence but reapply it, if they do not stop.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  2. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

You know this mostly stems from someone gets banned, then no one wants to tell them why so people start guessing, and because none of the admins say who did it and some threaten people who start asking about it, its then assumed the admin who was on at the time must have done it, when someone else could have done it over rcon.

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

the rumor is still a lie. Silence was the only action stated when referring to excessive complaining/insults (being toxic on the server).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  4. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

yeah but, making a topic and saying its a lie dont really help, pretty sure things were made up about me that were a total lie yet having a bunch of people say they had magical irrefutable proof (which no one was allowed to see) was good enough for some people to believe it.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Ive read somewhere vicky is personally shadow banning everyone who says anything 'toxic' against trump or her dogs.

TheCreeper, Neoony, A-z-K and 2 others like this.
  6. Avatarix

Will you ban commanders which by their way of commanding are considered toxic, even when they are holding the team together?

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Avatarix Read my statement no where does the word ban appear in actions that will be taken. Why are you asking about banning??????? STOP perpetuating the lie/rumor.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

@neko_baron My thread is backed up by another thread where it was initially discussed. Your situation has no bearing on this.

9. Avatarix

Well, my mind slipped a little. I mean if you will slap or mute them

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

slap?? holy moly batman can you show me where I said I will slap someone?

and no while commanding the comm will not be silenced, but actions can and do take place retroactively, if reported by players on their team, it can be dealt with at a later time.

The whole point of this is to make the server a nicer environment for those who want to play w/o being forced to read/listen to non stop insults and complaints.

Its disruptive and adds nothing to the game and it gives off a bad impression for new players to have to see this and for other players who are sick and tired of it ruining their games as per reports we have gotten about it.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  11. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

yeah but, if we cant see it then what are you expecting people to think?

Not to mention the pires bot is now randomly threatening people because it pick up random junk.

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

<slapping a com kills him and leaves the cv open untill someone gets in, at least to my knowledge>

14. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Vicki has requested that I lock the thread, I don't see a reason not to do so ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.