ROLSEN'S Shotgun -.-

Discussion in 'Art' started by Rolsen, May 5, 2009.

?

RATE IT!

1. GOOD (better than 8mining the comm off a bridge into pwn water)

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. elephant sechs

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Omneh approves ^^

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. BAWD (Liek sniping two healing engies with ranged rifle)

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  1. Rolsen

Rolsen Member

I was bored, so I wanted to make something while drinking cola, smoke and sweat and getting headache while thinking
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alceister

Alceister Member

That looks awful, and I'm not even being mean here.

3. Rolsen

Rolsen Member

Excuse me, this wasnt meant to be release-ready for anything
    I just wanted to see what happened if i mated a shotgun with a luger

4. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Interesting design. Simple yet effective. One arm does all three things at once. Detonates the buck, removes it and holds it still.

However there's a small design challenge here. No not the fact that the bucks are rimless but the fact that how you control your firing? If you make a solid knob in the end of the arm that means as soon as you insert the clip and load the gun it fires the clip empty on its own.

Of course we could imaginate that the knob which detonates the buck could be controlled by a cable which goes from the arm to the trigger but this would be a bit complicated design.

Or we could imaginate that there is a solid stick under the arm which moves back and forth with the arm and it gets loaded when the arm moves back by the force of the detonation and trigger controls the spring which saves the power of the detonation to the detonation slider.

Nice design and I think it could be made to work (plus the arm really needs some cover around it for many reasons which I don't feel like listing here. ^^)

(Oh yeah and I forgot that the bucks could indeed be rimmed but the rim would be dint, meaning that the rim would be made inside of the buck, instead of the rim being extended outside.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Or you could consider that this is an early concept design not intended to be mechanically sound.

6. Mr. Weedy

Yeah but I meant the post in the way that after that change it would be ready to be polished to become final model.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I highly appreciate your occasional squares of wtf

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

[​IMG]

i tried drewing a shotgun in fireworks

plz be understanding im not that good at drawing on the computer :/

it loads from the top, im not sure about clips or magazines but i think they are clips and the actual magazine is internal (i read a lot about this to get it as right as possible)

it has rolsens way of firing and taking in ammunition, but it is integrated into its body ;) kinda like a luger ^^ i dont know much about guns so i looked a lot at how guns i think are pretty look like

the safety switch has 3 settings, safe fire and automatic but that will all depend on how it would fire and i am not yet done with thinking about that, i am even thinking about making it shoot once then rearm the bolt with the lever over your hand, if not then that lever will be something solid to protect your hand i guess ^^

i had some trouble with the iron sight, since the clip would be in the way when it comes out again so i made it on the side of the gun : / dunno if that is okay

basically it loads like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkUjswfbNaw

and it is drawn with the ammunition not yet pushed down

9. Alceister

Alceister Member

Shotgun shells are not rounded at the end. Also, if it's actively fed from the top, why bother with the protruding box magazine from the bottom?

Also, how would your lever mechanism work with the clip being in the way?

I'm being mean here, but destructive criticism is necessary to start from square one. There's a reason why some people can spend an entire week working on something, to get every single detail right.

I'll say this. It's surprisingly well done but a flawed design. That is all.

10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I think the box at the bottom is for the clip to sink into.

11. Alceister

Alceister Member

But why would he need to sink the clip into there when the clip already feeds into the barrel? It's uselessly redundant.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

well the thought about the clip is that it is inserted into the top and pushed down until it is entirely sunken into the gun, and then it retracts out and disposed/recollected after all shots have been fired

the only reason it sticks out on the image is so you can see what way it slides in :p that is !not! from the bottom ;)

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It's like the M1 Garand then, the entire thing slides in through the top?

14. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Id move the forward grip slightly more forward to give the left hand more room since right now it would be fairly difficult to hold it comfortable with the magazine attached, also by moving the grip forward would make it smoother to reload the weapon since the left hand wont obstruct the magazine as much....

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

after googling, yes like that gun

edit: like thiiiiis

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  16. Rolsen

Rolsen Member

I wanted to make a new one, but without textures.
    You guys didnt want me to use mspaint's spray to make texture for handle...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Firing mechanism fixed, by adding a notch in the rod-thingie, a firing pin is located in the chamber (comes up only when loaded, to allow entry of shell)
    Speedloader, internal magazine above the barrel allows storage in a zig-zag style. Run the speedloader thru the speedloader (yo dude, we heard you liked ammo, so...)
    Anti-recoil mechanism is now safe, and will not longer smash you in the face, has better guidance in operation.
    Battery pack in the back, to balance the weapon while powering the speedloader. A miniature Thorium reactor.
    Much plastic in front to additionally balance the weapon better.

I just have to say this; you do NOT have to run around with that magazine thingie, that slides thru quickly because it feeds the internal magazine in a flash. It says "MEEEEOW!" too while you do it.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  17. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Looks like the AR from Halo more than anything :|

18. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Oh jesus christ, your first one was made of primitives and your second one is smoothed all funny, it looks like you have n-gons (polygons with 5 sides or more).

19. Rolsen

Rolsen Member

wat, i just made this whole bitch out of triangles , i dont know how to fix the smooth effects sorry ^^
    (the first one was made the same way too)

20. Mr. Weedy

Blizzerd's design is very nice and I also liked the M1 in Call of Duty games partly because the way how it is loaded and the clang sound when the whole steel clip flies out.

Rolsen, your design is even more interesting but wouldn't it make things a lot easier when the clip would go sideways through the gun from left to right instead of going along the gun from top to bottom?

That way the loading mechanism wouldn't have to have some sort of arm which reaches to the left and then pulls the shell out of the clip and places it in the gun.

(And I can already see Chris posting here that this design sucks because the whole gun becomes useless when the battery dies or wires get cut. :p )