Rifleman.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by DarkCowMoo, Dec 1, 2006.

1. DarkCowMoo

DarkCowMoo Member

I think Empries is a great mod for Half-Life 2, but there is 1 problem:
    I really like Rifleman but there is nothing special in them, no bombs, can't heal and give ammo, can't build, can't fix, can't stealth, the rifleman is to much average and I think something should be added.
    My few suggestions are-
    Giving the Rifleman the option to give ammo, and removing it from the engineer (I truly think engineer can do "to much") or maybe giving the Rifleman the options to carry bombs that can blow up effectively building.
    I hope something will be done because I hate to see 10 engineer in the same team, and because of that no teamwork is needed.

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I think maybe a higher ranking rifleman should be able to heal with a single use medikit, or somthing.

3. davee magee

davee magee Member

great while ure at it why dont u get rid of every other unit apart from rifleman!
    thats sure would be fun ...
    jokes...
    rifleman already to powerful, give im a bomb and theyll be WAY to powerful, on top of that, every player will be one, cus there so powerful, only more experienced players being engi's therfore slower, more boring games.

LEAVE THE RIFLEMAN ALONE! (or nerf him, up to you :P)

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Thing is, you need to be engineer to be able to do anything. all the other classes require an engineer as support, otherwise they're just mindlessly running around.

squad sets up like this

engineer
    engineer + rifleman
    2 engineers and rifleman
    2 engineers and rifleman and grenadier
    2 engineers and 2 rifleman and grenadier
    3 engineers.....
    (scouts can take the place of rifleman)

the problem is, on most public games the players just run around on their own, and so everyone is effectively a one man squad, and so has to go engy :(.

This will all change when the proximity squad bonus gets implemented, right?

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

Maybe we should rename engy to support, because that is what he is.

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Mabey to balance it out, turn him into a support unit, and downgrade engie. Generally he who has a heavy mg is support. E.g. engie looses heal, and rifleman can pick med kit as a skill. Or considering how much ammo support can go through, give him a ammo box that only works for support.

Me = Idiot :)

ME--> :)

____ [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Give him a power pack or 3 to help build/decontruct structures faster, like make it give jolts of electricity, so it could be used to bomb enemies (place it on the ground using secondary fire, then press primary fire to detonate or secondary fire to drop another). The effect should be sparks for the build/deconstruct type, and a sphere of electricity for the bomb type.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

And then, let's rename the game Battlefield 2: Source.

GENIUS

9. DarkCowMoo

DarkCowMoo Member

Empries>>>Battlefield.
    Battlefield is a stupid game with no thinking or teamwork, I hate this game.

10. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

If you need health for Rifleman get the regain health upgrade.
    Need ammo, get the 2X ammo upgrade.
    There you go, rifleman is fine.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

if a BE rifle had unlimted ammo that would be a major problem

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the point of the support unit of the engy is that he can't really do any attacking perticularly well, such as killing enemies or vehicles, and buildings. thus, for an effective squad, you need another player or so to work well.

basically, it works well. engineers are all your supportive needs, and the other classes to the rest.

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Not sure about you guys, but when I play, I go engi, because our team is usually lacking in competent engis. If an engineer can own you, they would likely be able to own you even more with other classes. Riflemen are incredibly powerful when they are used in the right situations. They have a rifle and they shoot it, they kill other infantry. period. If you're a rifleman, you'll be worthless if you're facing a bunch of tanks alone, and you can't destroy a base. If you're an engi, and there are infantry coming after you, you'd better run for your life, cause unless you can hide or place an mg turret down, you're going to die. Really, the only under balanced class is the scout, which is (reportedly) set to change.

If you're not playing the way your class is meant to be used, you're likely going to think that the class is underbalanced.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Did anybody read my suggestion? Riflemen could stand a chance against tanks with those packs.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Take Solo's idea, but a slight modification. Remote grenades. Throw one, only ONE active at a time, detonate at rifle mans pleasure. Also, engineers should be able to defuse them, and get a skill point (your defusing a remote control grenade that could explode at any time, so its damn worth a skill point).

16. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

That is a bad idea.
    It is like mines in flag points that BLOW UP if you get near the flag.
    Abused that will be.

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It doest have to be that strong. Plus only one active at a time. Remember, grenades don't do much damage in general. I stood on 4 grenades before I did once, and I was a engineer, not an armored rifleman.

18. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It's an electric grenade, very much useless against infantry in the advanced world of empires. (anti-vehicle and anti-building, used to construct friendly buildings)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  19. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

maybe rifleman should be like special ops from battlefield 2, hes got c4.
    tell me wat u think.

20. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

How many nades can a rifleman carry with increased ammo? Is it enough to take down a building? then maybe they don't need additional ammo. How come it isn't enough that the rifleman out guns every other infantry unit? I suppose they could choose to carry the emp look-alike bomb instead of grenades but I don't see it as necessary.