Rifleman comparisons - NF vs BR

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Jkun, May 14, 2006.

1. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

I don't think it should surprise anyone when I say that the North Faction and Brenodi riflemen are essentially different classes. How do you feel about NF versus BR rifleman balance, and what would you like seen done about it?

Edit:

Personally, I don't think their weapons aren't even in the same league, with the BR AR coming out on top in nearly every category. I'd just as soon seen Krenzo make all guns equal and be done with it.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

well tbh jkun, since 1.05 i havent had any problems with NF riflemen
    work fine...

3. Jkun

I haven't given 1.05 a try yet, but I didn't notice any changes in the patchnotes. Something different since yesterday?

4. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

BR assault rifle is silly , best gun in game by far. NF has more recoil and doesnt compare.

5. Jkun

After some more extensive testing last night, I found that the BR AR is still essentially an automatic sniper rifle compared to the NF AR's extreme kick.

6. Zairair

Zairair Member

Agreed... there's simply not enough spread for my favorite rifle (BE Assault Rifle)... People actually started complaining.

7. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I say that, IF the Bren rifle is that much more accurate, make the NF AR that much more powerful. You know, like the M1A1 vs. The AK47 in CS (omg CS wtf nub). Of course, that means the NF heavy rifle will have to be tweaked as well, etc, etc, etc.

8. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

I think the range is the main issue with the Bren assault rifle , even if the NF one were to do more dammage the BR gun would still get the kill due to its mental long range.

I would like to see slight differences in the comparison of weapons but they need to be well balanced. Currently many people are favoring the BR simply because of the assault rifle and this makes the teams unbalanced.

Maybe the best place to start is by making both NF and BR weapons the same then adjusting them from there.

9. Jkun

Personally, I'd just like to see the Brenodi AR's rate of fire dramatically reduced. As it is now, it's not only incredibly accurate, but it splooges bullet's like nobody's business. Couldn't the reduced rate of fire help differentiate the guns, while still giving us some vestige of balance?

Of course, you could always just give it as strong a kick as it's NF counterpart, which would probably be the simplest solution.

10. Atlas

Atlas Member

I'd like to see more differentiation between the weapons so they are all used according to different situations. Basically right now they are all the same weapons with slightly different fire rates and characteristics, but they work and feel the same.

Right now the Assault Rifle is pretty much the one used at all ranges, from close range to far. The Assault Rifles should be the simple run of the mill short-mid range weapons. The heavies should have the zoom function and be decent mid-long range weapons, making the Heavy Rifles decent long range weapons will also relatively weaken the scouts strangle hold on long range combat. While the LMGs should be powerful weapons but have penalties to mobility, like having to stop moving before you fire or having to be crouched to use it.

I wonder why the assault rifles, being more of a close combat weapon have a zoom function while the heavy rifles, which are quite obviously made for long range combat with their slow rate of fire and decent power lack this function.

11. Evil Person

Evil Person Member

I would like it if the NF Assault Rifle and Heavy Rifle took up positions sort of on the sides of the Bren Assault Rifle with the NF Assault Rifle having less range, but even more power and the Heavy Rifle beating them both at range.

Just don't make the guns equal, then there's no point in having such separate factions.

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I would advise making the guns equal (NF AR and BE AR), and have versatility between the NF HR and the BE HR.
    Oh and add a bipod postion for the HMGs :p (about 5 seconds to deploy/undeploy should make them vulnerable for even uncooked nades)

13. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

Yes, make the LMG´s deployable

14. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I wholeheartedly agree with Beerdude. Take a look at Day of Defeat; (at least the HL1 Version) the Sten (british) the Thompson (USA) and the ??? (German smg) are all the exact same. These are the mainstay for assaults, and the other weapons are the ones that are varied.

So, I say make the ARs equal
    Change the Heavy Rifles alot and make em different: Probably the NF rifle similar to the DoD Garand and the Bren rifle similar but weaker and with a burst function.
    Add a deployable bipod to the machine guns, making them much more accurate with it and much MUCH less accurate without it.

Also, consider making a shoulder/unshoulder option on the grenadier's rocket, ala DoD.

These changes may or may not make the game resemble DoD too much, though. Alter as needed.

15. Soldier in White

Soldier in White Member

While we're at it, add a GL to BE rifles and a Flamethrower to the NF AR.

16. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I just use the 50 cal for NF. great stopping power when combines with the accuracy increase :D

17. Chew

Chew Member

The standard NF assault rifle is probably one of the best guns in the game as long as you have access to lots of ammo you can take on anyone from any range and usually win easily.

I hate getting killed by it from clip range lol they deffinately need a downward tweak.

18. Ganks

Ganks Banned

I agree with beerdude. Make the rifles equal. Lately though ive been using that NF rifle in the middle and thats been working out okay. I dont even remember the name of it but I used it tonight and it aint that bad. No recoil at all.

19. Jkun

Yeah, now compare that to the NF version, which is semi-automatic and dramatically less accurate. Give it a try sometime. I think in general the NF are being screwed, and I seriously hope Krenzo gives some consideration to making the guns equal.

20. Artemas Ward

Artemas Ward Member

That is what he is talking about.