Rewards for following orders

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by HungryGuy, Oct 26, 2006.

1. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Noone follows the comms or the squad leaders orders, so maybe give pple an insentive, like 1 rank points for 5 orders compleated.

2. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

That would be hard to make work, yet not abuse.
    What is stopping people from following 50 fast move orders and gaining a lvl?

3. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

In 2142, when you perform an action near where your commander says you should, you get double the points for it.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Member

It seems to me that the reason people don't follow orders is because they can beat just about anything solo anyway, even ninja a base and flip the command vehicle, game won.

These things need to be fixed in the gameplay first.

5. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

lol I only just refreshed this and saw your reply instantly.

6. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

:p If you can just ninja and flip the enemy CV, the opposing team is doing something wrong. :D

But I agree that completing such orders like 'attack' or 'defend'(a 'repair/build' alternative would be good) could give you double rank. That wouldn't be too large bonus, but it would still make people more keen on listening the comm. Although with a good team commander needs only suggest things or paint targets.

I think there's nothing wrong in one person sneaking past enemy defenses and killing the CV. A legit tactic in my book. :) If the enemy team is awake it'll be hard, if they aren't it's their own downfall. Turrets and walls are in the game for a reason. ;)

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Obviously move orders would have the be excluded. But attack / build and others could be done quite easily.

It makes sense, so I'm with it.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

There should be two seperate types of orders:

objective orders, where your squad is given an objective / location, and sent to do it.
    quick orders, such as "attack this" or "move just there."

they could both be on the screen at the same time, so you don't loose track of the big picture.

and you would be rewarded per distance traveled?

9. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

It's a good idea, but I always thought the community's relatively small size was enough incentive to follow orders. You know, you can't be a jerk and exactly get away with it :) Well, it would promote teamplay by some percentile, and if you exclude move orders like in 2142, I'm for it.